Client Solutions Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA
Collective Data is rapidly expanding and looking to fill open positions with driven, hardworking professionals. We are a well-established, profitable company but with a start-up culture of technology enthusiasts. You will be a part of our small, but highly motivated team and will easily be able to see the impact of your work and the difference you make in our company and the industries we serve. Collective Data is built on taking risks, pushing boundaries, and finding new ways to design, build and release products.
If you are the type of person that thrives in a creative-rich environment with an entrepreneurial spirit, we look forward to meeting you.
A Client Solutions Engineer at Collective Data combines strong technical aptitude, excellent communication skills, and creative-thinking into solutions that make a difference for our clients. They support new ideas and solutions from conception to delivery and beyond.
• Establish and/or understand specifications of customer needs and then configure imports, reports, and business logic via proprietary Collective Data editors to meet those needs.
• Consult with customers to understand business challenges and design solutions using Collective Data’s software.
• Communicate with an array of both technical and non-technical stakeholders, ranging from frontline users to C-Level executives.
• Manage technical discussions with customers and/or 3rd party IT teams.
• Develop demo applications and proof of concepts to help portray ideas.
• Carefully document requested features, scope and requirements for each project.
• Organize and plan implementation strategies including configuration, installation, and training.
• Establish technical sales strategy and lead technical sales presentations as needed.
• Recommend new product offerings based on client and prospect discussions.
• Provide software quality assurance and end user testing.
• Provide escalated client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
• Assist with data migration and conversions from various systems.
• This position may require some travel.
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
• A strong technical aptitude, along with familiarity and experience with various computer languages and technologies.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task, determine priority of assignments, and maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Experience with hardware and software issues.
• Proficient with database technologies and languages.
• Able to work both independently and as a team
Perks of working at Collective Data:
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Relaxed dress code - jeans are ok!
• Located in the growing NewBo District.
• Employee access to private gym facility.
• Free tea and coffee.
• What you do here matters! Every single person is a valued member of the team, unlike large corporate environments where you're just an employee # to crank out your daily duties. We welcome new ideas, innovation, creativity, and most of all...teamwork and commitment to serving our customers.