Cedar Rapids, IA
DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be. DuPont Industrial Biosciences is a leader in the industrial biotechnology sector which develops innovative enzymes and bioproducts to improve the performance and reduce the environmental impact of the cleaning, textiles, animal nutrition, grain processing, and chemical industries. To meet ongoing product demands, our Cedar Rapids manufacturing facility is seeking outstanding candidates for a Process Technician position. In this role, you will be responsible for operating equipment in one of our manufacturing process areas. You will monitor equipment and production processes to ensure we maximize our enzyme manufacturing. This will involve working with our process control system (Delta V), troubleshooting equipment and interacting with Engineers, Maintenance, and other team members to optimize the process.
The position involves working a rotating 12-hour shift, where you would complete 2 weeks of day shift, then 2 weeks of night shift, and continue the rotation. With this shift schedule, you will work 7 of 14 days in a bi-weekly period and every other weekend.
• A.A. , B.S., or related degree in a scientific or technical field highly regarded
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in an industrial plant environment
• Demonstrated mechanical and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic computer knowledge and experience, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong team player with an ability to function in a multidisciplinary environment
• Ability to lift 55lbs
Our benefit package becomes effective on the first day of employment. This includes medical coverage, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and a bonus plan. Pre-employment drug screen and physical required.