Assistant Project Manager
Center Point, IA
MJ Electric, LLC, a Quanta Service Company, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Project Manager to join our team in Center Point, IA.
To provide support to the Project Management team in the areas of safety, planning, scheduling, cost monitoring, cost reporting, customer reporting, performance tracking, budgeting, estimating, change orders, billing and bid development.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with the development of common systems and processes to provide for proper accounting, reporting of project costs, customer billing, scheduling, material procurement, subcontractors, record keeping, documentation and budgeting.
- Assist with the development and tracking of key performance and financial metrics that will optimize performance, productivity and reduce costs.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and estimates, including drawing take-offs.
- Work with Project Manager to set up job structure from beginning i.e. safety, scheduling, document control plan, cost codes, job cost spread, material/tooling plan, equipment, billing, etc.
- Assist in job hand off from estimating to field project supervision.
- Work with purchasing on material orders and required submittals.
- Travel to project(s) on a regular basis.
- Provide weekly updates on project progress to the Project Manager.
- Assist with the quotation of change orders from drawing changes, RFI’s, etc.
- Work with the Project Manager to assist with the monthly financial bridge, job forecasts and write up monthly report.
- Work with customer and field management on schedule development and assist in maintaining during course of project.
- Ensure the project has adequate resources to maintain schedule, budget and exceed safety expectations.
- Interact with customer on project with positive long term relationship in mind.
- Ensure billing is timely submitted along with payment follow through.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate and meet internal customer needs.
- Proven communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of utility construction practices.
- Extensive computer skills including familiarity with Primavera- P6, Access, Excel, Word.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or related field.
- 0-5 years of Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management or related experience in a utility construction environment.