Vice President of Grain
Innovative Ag Services is seeking a highly motivated & results oriented Vice President of Grain Innovative Ag Services is a full service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services to meet all of your farm needs. We provide value-added products and services to over 5,000 members in the grain, agronomy, feed, energy and building supply markets. Our 33 locations are located throughout northeast and central Iowa and southwest Wisconsin. IAS ranks as one of the Top Agricultural Cooperatives in Iowa.
Primary Objective: Successfully lead and manage the IAS grain division to provide competitive grain programs and services for our customers and members while ensuring adequate financial returns to meet the on-going grain division financial viability, success and growth.
Areas of Accountability: Grain
• Monitor and manage company grain risk positions to maximize the company returns within the appropriate risk parameters.
• Determine the appropriate marketing strategies available for IAS customers, promote their use and manage their risk.
• Develop, nurture and hold accountable employees reporting directly and indirectly to VP of Grain.
• Partner with operations to ensure the proper grain related processes and procedures are understood, implemented and followed, including safety and regulatory compliance.
• Partner with accounting to ensure the proper grain related information is captured, monitored and utilized.
• Partner with HR to ensure the proper employee programs and initiatives are understood and supported.
• Direct the IAS location logistics to coordinate the movement of grain to accommodate strategies.
• Strive to meet and over communicate the ongoing goals as they are established and modified.
• Ensure the short term strategies and long term strategies are amended as market conditions warrant.
Areas of Accountability: Other
• Partner with other IAS VP's and subordinates to communicate, collaborate and support multiple strategies.
• Support all IAS initiatives and strategies beginning with the IAS Purpose Statement.
All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Proven management experience and successful results in multi-location grain merchandising and handling operation.
• Thorough understanding of the grain industry, strong negotiation skills and strong communication skills.
• Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards grain division and company success.
• Ability to concurrently evaluate, organize, communicate, execute and manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written and oral form with individuals and groups.
• Under graduate degree in business, marketing, economics or other agricultural related field.
• Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• I Series computer operation.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
• Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
• Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
To apply online go to: