Software Support Specialist
Cedar Rapids, IA
Collective Data is rapidly expanding and looking to fill open positions with driven, hardworking employees. We are a well-established, profitable company but with a start-up culture of technology enthusiasts. You will be a part of our small, but highly motivated team and will easily be able to see the impact of your work and the difference you make in our company and the industries we serve. Collective Data is built on taking risks, pushing boundaries, and finding new ways to design, build and release products.
If you are the type of person that thrives in a creative-rich environment with an entrepreneurial spirit, we look forward to meeting you.
Provides technical assistance and training to customers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- Provide end user training over web conference.
- Provide assistance with software installation and implementation
- Establish understanding of user needs and Configure imports, reports, and business logic via proprietary Collective Data editors to meet those needs.
- Provide end user quality assurance testing, documentation, training and support on client requested features.
- Assist with data migration and conversions from various systems.
- Other duties maybe assigned as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experienced with hardware and software issues.
- Proficient with database technologies and languages.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Typing proficiency: 40-60 wpm.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Perks of working at Collective Data:
Competitive salary and benefits.
Relaxed dress code - jeans are ok!
Located in the growing NewBo District.
Employee access to private gym facility.
Free tea and coffee.
What you do here matters! Every single person is a valued member of the team, unlike large corporate environments where you're just an employee # to crank out your daily duties. We welcome new ideas, innovation, creativity, and most of all...teamwork and commitment to serving our customers.