Vice President, Chief Information Officer
Iowa City, IA
Job Information: Responsible for all long-range and short-range planning for the Information Technology (IT) department. In collaboration with Foundation Management and other staff, initiates and develops an IT strategy that aligns with the Foundation's priorities, which guide actions to meet business needs. Serves as the primary liaison between The University of Iowa Foundation and Information Technology Services at The University of Iowa. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Chairs IT Steering Committee, identifies and recommends major initiatives, and prioritizes Foundation business needs for IT services guided by the Foundation's strategic plan. Prepares IT Steering Committee agendas. Decisions and actions are guided by strategic and operational business needs and objectives.
- Responsible for planning and delivering technology services in a timely and cost-effective manner, according to strategic plans. Determine project priorities and manage implementations to meet business objectives.
- Partners closely with Analytics team to design and implement the strategy needed to methodically and iteratively structure, test, validate, and communicate data-driven insights from complex sources and significant volumes of data.
- Procure and manage technology partners in successful delivery of services.
- Develops and manages Information Technology department budget and expenditures according to management objectives.
- Responsible for delivering software application systems that provide the functionality required by the business in a secure, quality, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for delivering technology platforms and network infrastructure sufficient to support the business applications in a secure, reliable, maintainable and cost-effective manner. Provides daily operational support for the infrastructure and applications sufficient to meet the organization's performance measurement goals.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining staff expertise in current and anticipated information technologies, as well as building a strong team, managing customer expectations and effectively resolving conflict in order to deliver effective, timely and cost-effective services.
- Performs line management responsibilities for all IT management and staff directly reporting to this position. This includes staffing plans, hiring decisions, performance appraisals, performance problems, retention, career development, education plans, and related staff management duties.
- Keeps current with technological changes, advancements, trends, issues and pricing associated with IT in the Foundation's business environment, including best practices, security and compliance, infrastructure and applications.
- Responsible for ensuring business continuity and disaster recovery for IT services and data according to organizational objectives.
- Represents department on internal/Foundation and external committees as needed.
Qualification: Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or related field; or equivalent combination of related education and experience. Proven experience in leading and managing an IT department with a minimum of five years leading a team with direct supervisory responsibilities in an Agile development environment. Experience operating in a higher education or an advancement office is helpful. PMP and CISSP certification is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills, leadership skills, and the ability to deal effectively with staff, clients, and vendors. Experience managing a large budget (over $1 million) and developing both short-term and strategic long-term plans. Experience establishing information security policy and monitoring compliance, specifically in areas of PCI and HIPAA. Experience selecting and managing cloud-based vendors in the delivery of SaaS, IaaS, and Paas offerings. Ability to manage or support an application integration technology environment with REST-based API tier. Skills in managing or supporting a data warehouse technical environment, including but not limited to the following tools and technologies: Microsoft SQL Server DB, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), Tableau.
FOR FULLEST CONSIDERATION, PLEASE APPLY BY APRIL 30.
The UI Foundation: Join us in helping the University of Iowa reach its goals in education, research, and community impact. The University of Iowa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization (with 200+ staff) that raises private gift support for the University of Iowa. Situated in a beautiful modern building on the north edge of campus, the UI Foundation is an excellent place to work, boasting employee satisfaction of over 90%. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, the UIF has a strong sense of family, community, and purpose with many employee programs supporting volunteerism and work/life balance within the vibrant college town of Iowa City.
The UI Foundation does not discriminate in employment (M/V/F/D/GI). All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. To learn more about our organization, visit us at: www.uifoundation.org