Senior Systems Administrator / Systems Administrator
UI Health Care Information Systems is seeking an experienced systems administrator to plan, coordinate, deploy and manage complex enterprise systems, processes and related technologies in support of enterprise web-based initiatives including custom analytics reporting, custom applications and collaboration. Primary duties include
- Providing operational support for custom analytics reporting, web-based development and collaboration platforms and solutions built on them to ensure performance, capacity, security and service level expectations are met.
- Responsibility for solution review, provisioning system resources, continual monitoring and alert follow-up, disaster mitigation and recovery.
- Full support of server hardware, operating systems, applications and vendor relationship.
- Research of new and upgrades to existing technologies, review of business value with stakeholders and implementation of new technology.
- Aid in troubleshooting performance problems, backup/recovery strategies, security models, etc.
- Position requires wearing a pager and some 24x7 on-call support.
- Position to be filled as either Senior Systems Administrator (PIF3) or Systems Administrator (PIF2) based on candidate qualifications.
Permanent salaried position located at the UI Health Care Support Services Building, Coralville, IA.
Salary range is $65,000 to commensurate for Senior Systems Administrator (PIF3); $55,000 to commensurate for Systems Administrator (PIF2)
Generous fringe benefit package including 24 days paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
The University of Iowa is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented and diverse faculty and staff, which involves providing opportunities for employees to “Build a Career | Build a Life.” For more information about local work/life resources including dual-career support please visit https://worklife.uiowa.edu/.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or MIS or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
To be eligible for Senior Systems Administrator (PIF3)
- Typically 5-7 years of experience in IT infrastructure design, implementation and operational support in a complex computing environment;
- Experience in the architecture and support of systems in a load balanced and firewalled environment
- Typically 3-5 years of experience in IT infrastructure design, implementation and operational support in a complex computing environment
- MS Windows Server 2008/2012 administration experience
- MS Internet Information Server (IIS6/7.5/8.5) administration experience
- Experience organizing and/or managing projects and producing documentation
- Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking, working independently including decision-making, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and strong interpersonal skills.
Desirable Qualifications (either Level)
- Business Objects Enterprise administration experience
- Microsoft SQL Server with Analysis Services administration experience
- SharePoint 2013 administration experience
- Java Application Server administration experience
- .Net architecture and administration experience
- Epic MyChart and EpicCare Link administration experience
- PowerShell scripting proficiency
- Active Directory and Kerberos concepts experience
To apply, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #70957. Applicable background and credential checks will be conducted. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.
University of Iowa Health Care is committed to excellence every time,
caring with our minds, hands and hearts.