QA / Application Software Tester II
Cedar Falls, IA
CBE Companies has an opening for a QA/Application Software Tester II in our Cedar Falls, IA office.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
• Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
• Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
• Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
Manage code deployments through to the Production environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
• BA/BS in Business or IT related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 + years QA/testing experience.
• Extensive experience in the design, development, and implementation of software testing techniques.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Extensive analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Possess the ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally across the organization.
• Direct hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
• Ability to work with customers and end-users, understand their business practices, and manage their expectations.
• High level of understanding of software design concepts.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to conduct research in business systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Must be proficient on the Internet and with such PC applications as Microsoft Excel, Word or like applications necessary for documentation and internal and external communications.
• Strong knowledge of relational database technologies with the ability to navigate, update and analyze data, stored procedures, permissions, indexes and key constraints and interpret the meaning and functionality.
• Must have an understanding of predominant software development methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and deploy testing techniques for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
• Create, modify and execute manual and automated test scripts, cases, and scenarios based on requirements or existing functionality that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
• Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
• Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
• Analyze and provide recommendations for documentation and technical specifications of any new application or enhancement under development or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
• Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
• Liaise with programmers, analysts and system architects to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
Write, publish and communicate user and technical release notes.
• Update, publish and communicate changes to user manuals.
• Review, analyze, select and implement new automated build, deployment and testing tool technologies.
• Plan and facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including, but not limited to, leading the required technical setup and guiding users through test scenarios.
• Answer end-user questions regarding software functionality including the research of issues reported by operations staff to help determine cause.
• Conduct post-project reviews and create recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Facilitate the code deployment and configuration management processes through all environments including development, staging and production with the goal being 100% error-free. This includes scheduling, executing, documenting and communicating throughout each phase.
• Develop & implement the procedures for delivering and managing software releases
• Define, document and provide guidance for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Identify issues and opportunities within the SDLC and gather feedback from others.
• Facilitate quarterly SDLC reviews, make suggestions for improvement, take required action and act as main collaborator for others with required action to ensure successful change management for the larger group.
• Act as Administrator of the code repositories including user setup, security and maintenance.
• Serve as a mentor for employees positioned at Level I.
Open to remote employees who are located no further than one hour away from the Cedar Falls, IA office.
EOE/AA/M/F/VET/DISABILITY. Background checks and drug testing required.