President / UICCU Insurance
North Liberty, IA
As the President of UICCU Insurance you will have the opportunity to take on the challenge of growing your own department and be rewarded for your results. We are seeking a confident and demanding individual that thrives in an environment where change and innovation are encouraged. If you are a big picture person who is not afraid to make decisions and enjoys an extremely fast paced environment we want to talk to you!
The UICCU Insurance President will supervise, coordinate, and participate in the development and processes of all insurance related services for UICCU Insurance. The President will also develop departmental promotions and lead all sales efforts and business development activities through the creation of referral networks. You'll coordinate and establish relationships with competitive carriers to provide affordable products, as well as market them. Plus, you will manage and direct all departmental staff within the business unit.
This full-time, exempt position requires a minimum of 40 hours/week. Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m, plus additional hours as needed. As such, the ability and availability to work flexible hours to accomplish workloads is a must. UICCU Insurance offers an outstanding benefits package that includes: 401(k) plan with generous match feature; health, dental, life and disability coverage; as well as a generous paid time off program.
Base salary range for the position is $123,106.88 to $184,660.32 annually, plus an excellent performance based incentive opportunity!
Job ID 2017-1612
Location US-IA-North Liberty
Category UICCU Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
The UICCU is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, giving credit, integrity, caring and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a professional image and positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with co-workers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Participates in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events.
- Oversees daily operations to ensure bottom line profits and retention of policy holders.
- Establishes sales culture within UICCU Insurance, and coordinates staff training and meetings and/or outside conferences necessary to ensure appropriate level of product knowledge and expertise to successfully achieve department sales and service goals.
- Acts as the primary contact with all Insurance carriers and partners associated with contracts and agent licensing requirements.
- Reviews the insurance application quality and underwriting performance of producers, as needed.
- Assists in the establishment, maintenance, and monitoring of internal controls in the insurance division.
- Remains current on changes within the legal, regulatory, economic, competitive, and technology environments that may affect the insurance services function.
- Works with carriers and underwriters in meeting their guidelines and obtaining underwriting approvals.
- Establishes and coordinates within UICCU Insurance the necessary means for problem solving, product development, and research (e.g., task groups when necessary).
- Responds to member and staff inquiries, complaints, and suggestions regarding UICCU Insurance division, products and processes.
- Collaborates with the SVP/Marketing and SVP/Consumer Services for the development and implementation of specific UICCU Insurance marketing strategies and plans.
- Develops the budgets, goals, and incentive plans for the department.
- Develops, designs, creates, and distributes any and all reports critical to the proper management of the department.
- Reviews, establishes and implements departmental procedures and policies to maintain timeliness with industry standards; ensures legal compliance and enhances productivity recommending changes as needed. Ensures staff adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Assists in the establishment, maintenance, and monitoring of internal controls within UICCU Insurance.
- Researches, develops and makes recommendations for new and updated products in insurance services as well as delivery systems of existing programs.
- Participates in continuing education as necessary. Remains informed of all Federal and State regulations, which govern the Insurance Division procedures.
- Markets UICCU Insurance products and in general to the business community through regular office calls and sales marketing promotions as needed. In addition, leads the department in business development to create additional referral sources.
- Produces and submits various reports as required to UICCU President/CEO and/or SVP/Consumer Services.
- Conducts the interviewing, hiring, and termination of staff directly under supervision with assistance from Human Resources.
- Facilitates team building; coaches staff toward achievement of individual and team goals.
- Prepares and conducts personnel performance evaluations, prepares documentation for retention in personnel files. Working with HR, recommends and implements disciplinary actions and appropriate staff counseling within the department as needed.
- Oversees the daily scheduling of staff; responsible for final approval of all vacation, sick leave, flex scheduling and departmental training. Tracks and reports usage of vacation and sick time on a monthly basis to the Human Resources Department.
- Manages and operates UICCU Insurance, LLC (CUSO), reviews, establishes and implements CUSO policies and procedures to maintain timeliness with industry standards ensures legal compliance and enhances productivity recommending changes as needed..
- Follows the established insurance and securities compliance guidelines, and strictly adheres to all company policies.
- High energy and aptitude for sales, able to engage UICCU Insurance team to achieve sales and service goals.
- Bachelor degree in Business or related field with 10 years of insurance related work experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience pertaining to Insurance procedures and policies.
- Willingness and ability to promote the credit union and UICCU Insurance division to the community at large by making sales and marketing presentations personally and with department staff
- Ability, availability, and willingness to work flexible hours to accomplish work load. During periods of peak demand and at other times, job will require a non-traditional workweek with extra hours including evening and/or weekend duties.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a wide variety of assignments and duties and large volumes of details.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the credit union and promote its products in a positive and professional manner during related contact.
- Knowledge of procedures, forms, market guidelines and regulations as they relate to insurance products.
- Ability and desire to develop and call on key prospects and make sales marketing presentations.
- Ability to supervise employees and maintain effective/efficient workflow within insurance operations.
- Must be fully licensed in Property and Casualty, Life, Health, and Broker Dealer certification.
- Must meet mandatory continuing education requirements as dictated by the licensure held.
- Must be bondable.
Reports to the Senior Vice President/Consumer Services.
This position is responsible for the supervision of the Accounting and System Administrator, Senior Account Managers, Commercial Lines Processors, Customer Service Agent Supervisor, Producers, and Commercial Account Managers within UICCU Insurance.