Director of Claims Advocacy
Cedar Rapids, IA
The Director of Claims Advocacy will act as a liaison between clients, claimants and the insurance companies we represent. This position will work with adjustors to expedite and resolve large open claims with special emphasis on worker's compensation claims.
What You'll Do
As a Director of Claims Advocacy, your primary responsibilities will include:
• Facilitating and managing claims process.
• Review and audit larger open worker's compensation claims. Work with client (including employees), insurance carrier and work comp physicians to facilitate resolution.
• Work closely with Risk Improvement Department to facilitate good communication and advocacy between claims department and clients.
• Develop a direct relationship with as many mid to large accounts as possible. Provide support in the areas of accident investigation, injury management protocol, occupational and specialist healthcare provider support and return to work programming.
• Review and audit larger property and liability claims.
• Monitor claim reserves for accuracy and work with carriers to bring reserves down as warranted.
What You Need to Succeed:
• Desire to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple accounts
• Strong customer service skills be able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery
• Ability to be flexible and work in a team environment
• Ability to self-manage your work tasks
Things we'd like to see:
• Iowa Producer's License required
• 3-5 years claim management or equivalent experience
• Experience in the insurance industry
• College degree and 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To apply, please visit our website (https://millhisersmith.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4)