Cedar Rapids, IA
Our mission is to:
“Successfully serve children and families challenged by social and psychological needs”.
Every child deserves the best that each of us has to give.
AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER
Tanager Place provides services for children on the autism spectrum and those with developmental disabilities whose diverse needs require our holistic, collaborative, evidence-based approach to care. We partner with multiple agency and community providers to deliver customized treatment programs focused on a child’s unique needs.
As a Behavior Technician, you will work as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team in providing therapeutic services to clients/consumer and their families under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. The Behavior Technician provides direct clinic-based/in-home/community based Applied Behavior Analysis services for children diagnosed on the autism spectrum.
- Must have the ability to work with diverse groups of people at all levels of the organization,
- Provide insight related to the needs of clients and families,
- Participate in active and energetic therapy with clients 1:1 and in groups to implement programs designed to increase communication, self-care, social and play skills and keeping clients motivated to learn.
- Work closely with clients and families to achieve behavioral goals,
- Ability to manage challenging behaviors that occur and work with clients who may aggress,
- Must keep accurate record of client progress demonstrating attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent written and oral communications required.
- Act as a positive emissary of Tanager Place and promote a positive image of Tanager Place at all times. Have an understanding and demonstrate consumer service concepts and initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Applied Behavior Analysis, or other human services field required with 1-3 years’ experience in a related field.
Applicants must be able to pass required background checks.
Tanager Place offers a competitive base salary and a full benefits package that includes:
- Flexible Spending/Dependent Care
- Health Savings Account/Match
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Tuition Assistance
A Tanager Place application is required to be considered for employment. Please visit www.tanagerplace.org to complete your application. EOE.