Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Join Our Innovative Ag Services Team Today!
Innovative Ag Services is a full service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services to meet all of your farm needs. We provide value-added products and services to over 5,000 members in the grain, agronomy, feed, energy and building supply markets. Our 33 locations are located throughout northeast and central Iowa and southwest Wisconsin. IAS ranks as one of the Top Agricultural Cooperatives in Iowa.
This position serves in many roles, high organizational skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively is required.
- Recruiting – Drive recruitment of hourly FT, and Seasonal employees and FT salaried employees. Build relationships with educational and community sources to build applicant pool for short and long term sourcing of future employees. Attend Job Fairs, Networking events etc. to build branding of IAS as an employer. Manage advertisement expense tracking. (some travel required)
- Manage IAS Internship Program with support of other HR Team members
- Manage IAS Scholarship Program
- Manage DOT driver files, laws and regulations with support of other HR team members
- Audit of I9 forms
- Help develop and implement employee retention and reward programs
- Content management of electronic and paper files
- Long Term Development – opportunity for Benefits Administration, Workers, Compensation and Payroll
- Create Communications for Corporate Website - Write Press Releases, Radio copy, Print copy, Newspaper advertising and online advertisement for Sales, Operations & HR Initiatives as needed
- Help Develop Branding of IAS and maintain a corporate brochure
- Create Communication for Internal Insights Newsletter and Customer AgBiz Publication
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Under graduate degree in human resources, and/or equivalent of 2 to 4 years HR experience
- Self-Directed, with limited supervision, displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form, as well as by phone and online
- Ability to organize, deals with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to successfully participate in recruitment PI Training Program & support company initiatives once trained
- Microsoft Office Suite programs. Strong Excel and Publisher Skills a plus.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or, on occasion carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
To apply online go to: