CMA / LPN - Neurology
Cedar Rapids, IA
CMA/LPN - Neurology
Is providing excellent patient care something that comes naturally to you? Are you interested in joining the best team in healthcare?
Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa’s Department of Neurology is seeking a Nurse (CMA/LPN) to work full time with our team of dedicated professionals. The successful candidate must maintain patient confidentiality and demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times. This individual will obtain vitals and record in EHR, room patients, assist in preparing patients for exams, and record test results. Other duties include, but not limited to:
- Assist with procedures as needed
- Provide patient education at physician request. Explain nature of examinations, diagnostic tests and treatment to patient as needed.
- Screen physicians’ calls and answer patient questions.
- Schedule tests and outpatient procedures as requested
- Document all patient information appropriately in EHR. Return calls to patients promptly. Call patients with information from test results, laboratory, pathology and x-ray results, changes in medications, scheduling of tests/procedures and referral appointments as needed.
- Assist with completion of prior authorizations of tests, procedures and medications.
Successful candidates must have excellent communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate clearly, written and oral, to patients, insurance companies, pharmacies, physicians, and staff. The qualified individual will be patient focused and must work well with team members. Must also have a high level of comfort in working with computer systems. CPR certification required or must obtain within 90 days of employment.
PCI is E.O.E. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. PCI is a tobacco and drug free workplace.
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume or application to:
Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa