Dental Assistant / Front Desk
Cedar Rapids, IA
•Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment rooms, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials when performing procedures. Employee will also help with patient flow in the daily, fast-paced operations of a specialty dental office with accurate patient data entry, insurance verification, attention to detail, and customer service skills are required.
1. Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
2. Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
3. Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests.
4. Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
5. Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and / or placing on instruments.
6. Provides diagnostic information by taking x-rays before, during, and after treatment.
7. Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
8. Educates patients by giving pre and post treatment instructions.
9. Documents dental care services by recording treatment notes in patient records.
10. Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
11. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
12. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
13. Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
14. Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
15. Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
16. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
17. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
18. Answers telephone in a timely and polite manner, preferably within three rings.
19. Schedules patients and adjusts schedule for optimal doctor efficiency.
20. Routinely demonstrates superior customer service skills.
21. Communicates in a courteous, professional, cooperative, and mature manner -- the patient is the priority.
22. Recognizes and responds appropriately threats, fire, and emergency situations.
23. Accurately takes messages and conveys information to doctor.
24. Transfers calls to doctor when medically indicated.
25. Protects and observes patient confidentiality per policies and procedures.
26. Scans information into Electronic Health Record.
27. Categorizes, dates, and labels loose medical documents.
28. Sends completion of treatment reports to referrals.
29. Accurately imports financial documents into patient's Electronic Health Record.
30. Demonstrates the ability to collect medical office charges, post charges to patient accounts, and accurately manage cash drawer.
31. Accurately enters procedures codes with correct diagnosis.
32. Runs error reports and makes corrections as needed.
33. Accurately reconciles charges for the day.
Education and Training Level:
•High School Diploma
•Completion of a State Certified dental assisting program
•No prior work experience preferred
•Ability to effectively interact with the doctor, patients, and other staff members
•Strong verbal and written communication
•Demonstrates knowledge of proper, safe, and efficient usage of current office equipment/software
•Utilizes Electronic Health Record and Practice Management program effectively
•Must be a non-smoker
•Positive and hardworking
•Creative and organized
NATURE OF WORK
•This is a new dental business, which means minimal staff with multiple job duties. Be willing to work hard and do everything that is asked of you.
•Job duties require exercise of discretion in selecting from established alternatives to situations, which arise on the job. Employee is expected to exercise discretion within an established range, and consult management when established alternatives are not available.
•Verbal and written communication skills are required to convey and explain factual information. Those receiving the information may be emotional or uncooperative. The doctor may not be readily available, requiring the employee to resolve the conflict or diffuse tension.
•May be required to perform duties and responsibilities not listed in this description, on a temporary or long-term basis.
•The business has all new equipment in a brand new dental building. Keeping and maintaining its superior amenities is a must.
•Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
•Employee changing room with lockers provided.
•The duties and responsibilities, qualifications, physical conditions and other statements contained herein represent the current general nature of the job described, and are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. This job description does not limit in any way the assignments that may be given to an employee in the job, and employees are expected to perform any and all duties assigned by their supervisor willingly and without reservation.
1. Provide resume that includes: Picture, Employment History, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities, Hobbies and Interests, References
2. Email information to: email@example.com
Or send to:
Eastern Iowa Endodontics
2929 Center Point Rd NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
3. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.