Commercial Loan Assistant
North Liberty, IA
If you have a knack for the details but also enjoy some interaction with others this position could be right up your alley!
As a Commercial Loan Assistant you will have extensive contact with external and internal members in the commercial services lending and deposit gathering functions. In this role you also assist the lending staff with support services in the delivery of high quality commercial products and services.
The base wage range for this full-time hourly position is $17.19 - $25.79, plus an incentive opportunity of up to 12.5% of annual base earnings.
Job ID 2017-1588
Location US-IA-North Liberty
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
The UICCU is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Sr. Vice President/Commercial Services to assist members and staff in the support of the Commercial Services department.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with co-workers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Answers phones; provides coverage when Commercial Officer is unavailable.
- Prepares correspondence.
- Processes line of credit advance requests.
- Processes loan payments, deposit requests, account transfer requests.
- Maintains construction portfolio by tracking lien waivers and draws.
- Provides account and product information.
- Creates and maintain credit files.
- Maintains the file documentation database and tracks exceptions reporting.
- Works to correct technical exceptions as quickly as possible.
- Requests interim and year end financial information from members.
- Prepares all loan documents associated with existing new commercial loans.
- Prepares and coordinates loan closings (loan documentation, Episys entries, checks, file copies, GL wash account, Suntell or Baker Hill, excel spreadsheets, communication with member and loan officer)
- Sets up new members on Episys and maintain existing members on Episys.
- Sets up new loan and deposit accounts on Episys including all related forms.
- Prepares business Visa card applications and ACH applications. Monitors and adjusts variable rate loan rates, payments, etc., as needed.
- Completes month-end reports and other reports as needed.
- Processes paid loans, collateral releases, closed files.
- Processes and maintains participations accordingly.
- Tracks and maintains NSF activity.
- Tracks and maintains delinquency report with Sr. VP Commercial and respective loan officer.
- Participates in community events to increase the credit unions' visibility and to enhance and seek new business opportunities. Plays a vital role by participating in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events, on an annual basis.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently. Good time management skills required to manage multiple assignments on time.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the credit union in a positive way during member contact.
- Excellent figure aptitude, with accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Knowledge of procedures, forms and regulations as they relate to commercial lending and deposit gathering.
- Ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with members and co-workers on a professional level.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of personal computer software programs, including the Microsoft Office application suite.
- Ability, availability and willingness to work additional hours as dictated by the workload.
- A strong working knowledge of local area network directories, protocol and general maintenance procedures.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self directed nature, ability to work independent of supervision, and ability to follow directions.
- Maturity and discretion to handle confidential information.
- Must be bondable.
Reports to the Senior Commercial Loan Assistant
This position not responsible for the supervision of other employees.