Cedar Rapids, IA
GreatAmerica is a national commercial equipment finance company dedicated to helping manufacturers, vendors and dealers be more successful and keep their customers for a lifetime. While GreatAmerica has grown to more than 500 team members, our entrepreneurial spirit remains and endless opportunities lie ahead. We have experienced unparalleled year over year growth since our founding in 1992.
GreatAmerica is structured in cross functional teams that allow individuals to make informed decisions that benefit the company and our customers. There is no doubt in our minds we are building the greatest company of its kind, offering the finest products and services available anywhere. When you are part of the GreatAmerica team, you are part of the future, part of an opportunity to grow professionally and to reach your potential while enjoying your work.
About this position:
Do you like dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s? Do you take pride in maintaining quality and accuracy in your work? As a Documentation Specialist, you will take on the challenge of processing transactions and/or program specifics, while maintaining compliance with our policies. In this position, you will process contracts in a fast-paced environment in order to get our customers funded in accordance with our customer service guidelines.
Some of your responsibilities will include creating and sending documents to our vendors and lessees, entering transaction details into our system, ensuring quality of data, eliminating discrepancies and maintaining accuracy of information. As a Documentation Specialist, you must have an affinity for math, be able to multi-task and be detail oriented.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review signed documents for accurate information and compliance with GreatAmerica policies and procedures.
- Phone verify equipment satisfaction with lessees and answers any questions during the call.
- Knowledge and ability to understand and calculate payment structures for financial transactions.
- Input data accurately and process transaction into billing system to commence customer invoicing
- Communicate via phone and/or email with vendors to resolve documentation issues on transaction files.
- Accurately prepare and submit UCCs to secure a purchase money security interest.
- Take incoming customer and vendor calls, answer questions and respond to the needs of the caller.
- Restructure contracts based on the needs and details of the transaction.( i.e. equipment exchanges, payment changes, tax changes).
Education, experience and skills required:
For this position, an Associate’s degree in a business-related field is preferred. Financial, Accounting or Para Legal background is a plus.
Competencies for all GreatAmerica team members: Honesty/Integrity, Customer Oriented, Accountability, Tenacious, Communication Skills (Oral & Written), Adaptability.
Competencies for this position: Detailed Oriented, Organized, Multi-Tasking, Manage Multiple Deadlines, Accuracy, Problem Solving, Decision Making.
Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
**There is overtime involved at the end of each month**
To apply for this position, please follow the online application process at greatamerica.com. Be sure to fully complete the form, including your resume, and complete the Predictive Index assessment.