Portfolio Manager - Senior Investment Analyst
Iowa City, IA
Looking to work in a fast-paced fundraising organization dedicated to advancing the University of Iowa? The UI Foundation is looking for a Portfolio Manager. As a key member of our investment team, the portfolio manager will be responsible for the management of a variety of investment operations across all asset classes. Key areas of responsibility include monitoring of existing portfolio and market trends, evaluation of investment and fund manager performance, and research on potential investment opportunities. Summarizes and synthesizes information for a variety of stakeholders and makes informed recommendations to the CIO.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Monitors existing portfolios and investment managers through research, meetings, conference calls, and manager letters. Synthesizes information and makes recommendations to the CIO.
2. Analyzes investment performance, risk metrics, and correlations of the endowment portfolio, asset category portfolios, and individual managers relative to benchmarks, peers, and absolute return targets. Research return drivers and analyze links between qualitative and quantitative data.
3. Monitors global capital markets and general economic conditions and in order to provide informed opinions regarding future trends and other factors that may impact the investment portfolio.
4. Maintains market value database and records capital calls and distributions associated with alternative investments.
5. Maintains files for investments including quarterly and annual reports, K-1s, 1099s, legal documents, and other correspondence.
6. Attends industry conferences and networks with the external investment community to expand CIO knowledge regarding emerging investment opportunities and top-performing investment managers and strategies.
7. Collaborates in developing fact-based recommendations related to long-term strategic asset allocations as well as short-term tactical decisions.
8. Takes the lead in planning and executing new investments, transitions, and rebalancing including updating investment planning tools, overseeing legal process, overseeing investment execution, and documenting investment rationale.
9. Prepares reports for the management group, Investment Committee, Foundation Board, and others as needed
10. Assists with due diligence review of all gifts of personal property, life insurance, and non-publicly traded stock prior to acceptance.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting required. CFA, CAIA, and/or MBA preferred. Five or more years of experience in investment operations preferred. Strong knowledge of securities markets and investment terminology/ practices. Ability to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize complex information and to communicate it to a variety of people. Demonstrated experience evaluating, selecting, and recommending investment managers. Must be organized, detail-oriented, and exhibit strong interpersonal skills. High level of computer literacy.
The UI Foundation: Join us in helping the University of Iowa reach its goals in education, research, and community impact. The University of Iowa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization (with 200+ staff) that raises private gift support for the University of Iowa. Situated in a beautiful modern building on the north edge of campus, the UI Foundation is an excellent place to work, boasting employee satisfaction of over 90%. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, the UIF has a strong sense of family, community, and purpose with many employee programs supporting volunteerism and work/life balance within the vibrant college town of Iowa City.
The UI Foundation does not discriminate in employment (M/V/F/D/GI). All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. To learn more about our organization, visit us at: www.uifoundation.org