Cedar Rapids, IA
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Responsible to coordinate improvement opportunities and action plans for various mill process systems. Interact daily with Manufacturing and Optimization team members to gather information, develop action plans and implement improvements. Process improvements will be short term and long term in vision, i.e. yearly results; activities will promote permanent improvements in reliability of people, equipment, and processes. Provide active and visible support for the mill safety programs as the highest priority. The individual must support and exemplify the vision and organizational values of International Paper and the Cedar River Mill, which includes personal safety accountability to ensure an injury-free workplace.
The key accountabilities listed below are not to be considered all-inclusive; a team member may be required to perform additional tasks, as directed, and based on changing business needs of the company.
- Support the facility in achieving manufacturing excellence using total quality principles, superior manufacturing techniques and preventive maintenance.
- Design out reliability issues.
- Develop and provide leadership for the implementation of process reliability improvement projects.
- Troubleshoot operational issues with equipment and causes of downtime and implement projects or procedures to eliminate them.
- Perform research through the review of documentation, technical resources, suppliers and other pulp and paper mills.
- Lead and support RCFA events.
- Support our MWS teams while reducing/eliminating downtime on the machines.
- Responsible for cause for loss management/analysis.
- Provide input to strategic planning process including operating and maintenance budgets.
- Provide technical assistance to Process and Maintenance team members through failure analysis and process area audits.
- Develop and manage reliable methods and SMP’s.
- Maintain 4-quarter improvement list for maintenance by trade.
- Assist with design and analysis of routes, equipment, time, tools.
- Develop & implement preventative maintenance programs.
- Be actively involved in mill safety program. Proactively lead the Maintenance Team to help meet safety goals and objectives.
- Understand and meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and use reliable methods for all processes and improvements.
- Assist other team members in the mill as necessary to minimize downtime and maintain quality.
- Maintain and develop team relationships.
- Develop cross-functional process skills.
- Manage and implement mill capital projects.
- Fullfill area specific 5S expectations(5 Minute 5S Checklists Replenishment of tools and supplies, 5S Audits,etc).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment.
- Heat in excess of 100°F occasionally.
- Noise levels in excess of 90 dB.
- Working environment is 24/7 – ability to be on-call as needed and/or required.
- Some assignments require kneeling; crouching and twisting while working on equipment.
- Occasionally move about immediate area and up and down many floors.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, ladders and into tanks ,into and onto tanks and other vessels
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices and safety leadership.
- Demonstrated effective facilitation, project execution, follow-up and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with team members and customers.
- Proactive in follow-up and resolution of issues while holding himself/herself and others accountable.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- MS Office proficiency
- BS in Engineering.
- Five years of industrial maintenance experience, utilizing mechanical, electrical and instrumentation system experience.
- Paper mill experience and process knowledge.
- Network Applications proficiency
- High Performance Work Systems experience.
CAREER ARCHITECT COMPETENCIES
Dealing with Ambiguity
Drive for Results
Integrity and Trust
Learning on the Fly
Timely Decision Making
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.