Cedar Rapids, IA
This is a full time permanent position performing land surveying duties including but not limited to: boundary, topographic, ALTA/ASCM land title, construction staking, route and bridge, aerial control, and lot surveys by performing field and office duties. This is a professional path position that provides the opportunity to earn a Professional Surveying License
This position is available at our Cedar Rapids Office. Shive-Hattery fosters a team oriented atmosphere, and emphasizes unparalleled client services. We offer the opportunity for involvement in a wide variety of surveying, civil engineering, and building projects.
• Ability to operate survey equipment including but not limited to robotic total stations, GPS survey equipment, data collectors, and automatic level.
• Oversee the operation and maintenance of survey equipment used on job site and assist others with training when practical.
• Supervise survey assistant (s) assigned to crew
• Prior experience as a crew chief required
• Strong communication and collaborations skills
• Communicate with the client and project team to understand the goals, challenges, schedule, budget, and expectations of project
• Able to interpret construction plans
• Conduct research to obtain the appropriate public/ private land records, survey control data, and other pertinent information from various sources for boundaries, location, topographical and design surveys, location of right of way, and utility locations.
• Basic survey calculations including but not limited to percent of slope, angle measuring, bearing and azimuth, coordinates, traverses, differential leveling, and horizontal curves.
• Establishes and sets points on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, etc.)
• Perform office functions including computations, reduction of field notes, filing, and retrieving prints.
• Work in a team environment and also be willing to work independently
• Follows prescribed safety practices for Land Surveying
• Responsible for job specific quality
• Maintain a current driver's license in good standing and able to operate company owned vehicles.
• Physically able to perform all tasks including the ability of lifting up to 75 lbs.
• Willingness to work outdoors and in adverse weather conditions.
• Willingness to work overtime as needed
• Submits daily files including downloading of data, preparation and organization of field sketches and digital photographs.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.