Program Coordinator

Iowa Carver College of Medicine (OCRME)

The Office of Consultation and Research in Medical Education (OCRME) is recruiting for a full-time academic staff position to support continuous quality improvement (CQI) in undergraduate medical education (UME), educational data collection/analysis, report writing, and support to academic committees. The ideal candidate will play a key role in planning, executing, and evaluating our programs, as well as contributing to research initiatives that support program objectives.

 

This program coordinator position requires a proactive individual with excellent organizational, communication, and research abilities. The successful candidate will apply 25% of the FTE towards UME accreditation activities and continuous quality improvement. The other 75% of the FTE will be divided between research activities led by OCRME faculty and project coordination within academic committees.

 

We encourage applicants with developing research skills to apply. A willingness to learn and to develop strong research skills is a must. Our staff and faculty will train the successful candidate in data analysis software use and other software to execute needed tasks.

 

Education Requirements:

  • In-progress or completed MA/MS in Public Health, Health Sciences Education, Higher Education, Educational Psychology, Social Sciences, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.

 

Required Qualifications:

  • Proficiency in using relevant office and educational software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
  • Excellent written and verbal skills, including an aptitude for listening and the capacity to educate through both written and verbal communications
  • Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
  • Proficiency in teamwork and coordination as part of a dynamic, collegial team
  • Basic experience with data analysis – both qualitative and quantitative – either from course work or research projects

 

Desired Qualifications:

  • Experience with research projects
  • Experience with data analysis software (SPSS, STATA, R, etc.)
  • Experience with primary data collection
  • Experience with health professions education accreditation processes (e.g. LCME, ACGME)
  • Experience with healthcare education
  • Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
  • Experience with project management software (e.g. Tasks by Planner)
  • Experience with online survey or data collection platforms (e.g. Qualtrics, REDCap)

 

To see a full job description and apply on our website click apply now, log in, and submit your resume and cover letter.

 

Equal opportunity/affirmative action employer

 

The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preferences.

 

Persons with disabilities who need assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process may contact University Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services, (319) 335-2660 or fsds@uiowa.edu.  For jobs in UI Health care, please contact UI Health care Leave & Disability Administration at 319-356-7543.

Job ID: 97997

Posted 9 days ago

Share This Job