Risk Improvement Team Member
Cedar Rapids, IA
Risk Improvement Department Team Member
Millhiser Smith is a risk management and insurance firm that strives to improve our clients' risk profile.
Insurance is only one segment of our service with our clients. We utilized our DISCOVERisk process to better understand their business and create a program that helps them manage risk issues to increase the safety, health and profitability of their company. Once we get to know our client's business from the inside-out, we offer a spectrum of value-added services throughout the year that help them operate more safely.
The risk improvement team is an integral part of our strategy. As a member of a two-person team, you will work with prospects and clients to assess their current safety culture, devise and implement programs to mitigate risk, monitor that progress and make modifications as needed. We are looking for a relationship-driven, team player whose continual focus is on the needs of the customer. The ideal candidate is comfortable relating to diverse groups of people, has polished presentation skills and is energized by our risk improvement strategies.
As a member of our Risk Improvement Department, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Conduct safety training for clients on a regular basis
- Assist Risk Consultants with presentations to prospects to promote value-added services
- Function as a liaison between Millhiser Smith, our insureds and insurance carriers regarding loss control. Follow through with clients on carrier loss control recommendations.
- Conduct safety reviews. Meet with clients to review their safety culture and determine their loss prevention needs. Design appropriate programs and coordinate with the department to achieve those goals.
- Work with claims department to identify problem areas for a client where education and protocol can improve their safety environment
What You Need to Succeed:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple accounts
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and work in a team environment
Things We Prefer to See From You:
- Bachelor degree and 2-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge in areas of safety and loss prevention
- Experience in the commercial insurance industry a plus
- Iowa Producer’s License required but may be obtained upon hire