Customer Care Specialist
Cedar Rapids, IA
Seasonal Customer Care Specialist – Cedar Rapids, IA
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion from men, women and children since 1901.
A LOT GOES INTO THAT TINY SHOPPING CART.
Every day, our customer care team strives to ensure that our customers have great shopping experiences and receive the Nordstrom quality service, when they want it, and how they want it. Whether via phone, email, chat, or social media channels, our customer care team provides ‘round the clock support for Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and millions of Nordstrom card holders.
As a Customer Care Specialist…
You will be the voice of Nordstrom, fielding real-time calls, e-mails and live chats from customers across the country. The Ideal Customer Care Specialist is caring and compassionate, enthusiastic, solutions-oriented and committed to providing outstanding Nordstrom customer service every day.
Hours of Operation: 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Training: Monday – Friday for 3 weeks (required) first class starts in June
Shifts: Full time shifts available
Pay: $14.65/hr with incentive opportunities and an employee discount
*This is a seasonal position to support customer demand during our Anniversary Sale. There is a completion bonus of $250 for those who remain with us the entire season*
- 6 months’ experience in customer service preferred
- Excellent telephone and written communication skills
- Must be able to successfully pass a skill assessment
- Ability to work a set schedule, with overtime required depending on business need
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department need
- Demonstrate problem solving skills coupled with the ability to remain solution oriented at all times
- General understanding of computer skills required
- Successfully troubleshoot and resolve all customer service inquiries or issues arising from Internet and catalog
- Follow through on customer commitments in a timely manner
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and much more depending on your role.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.