Customer Service Representative-TFS002DU
Cedar Rapids, IA
Customer Service Representative-TFS002DU
Who we are:
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what’s possible with us.
Who we’re looking for:
Toyota’s Customer Service Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Customer Service Representative.
The primary responsibility of this role is to take ownership of inbound communications from callers including customers, dealers and financial institutions, etc.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the person in this role will support the Customer Service department's objective to provide impact to the business by evaluating caller’s requests, needs and concerns, and offering customer-oriented solution within established guidelines to build customer satisfaction and loyalty to TFS Brand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing accurate payment related information and processes phone payments and website inquiries in a timely manner.
- Retrieving pay-off information from the system, clearly communicates to the caller the amount and the steps required to complete the transactions, and documents information in the system in accordance with established procedures.
- Reviewing customer history and, where appropriate and based on established policies and procedures, waives late charges, grants and processes retail extensions, including processing due date changes, and grants and processes reasonable lease deferrals and makes payment arrangements within the limits of established guidelines.
- Working with other departments to resolve customer account issues including lock box investigation of misapplied customer payments, title issues, insurance, collections, end of lease processing, etc.
- Documenting all activities in a clear and concise manner utilizing the appropriate systems and in accordance with established procedures. Initiates appropriate forms to fulfill customer requests.
What you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- PC keyboarding and navigation skills between various programs and systems.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Self-starter and independent.
- Team oriented and results driven.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to be at work on time, to return from breaks and lunch periods on time and to leave the work area after the end of their scheduled workday.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance to support team and business objectives.
- Capability to work flexible work hours, which may include day, evening and weekend shifts.
What we’ll bring:
- During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect.
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more.
What you should know:
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com!