Automotive Service Advisor
Cedar Rapids, IA
Do you have a passion for automobiles and helping clients? Are you tired of the dealership mentality? Then becoming the Service Advisor at Fairway Auto Care might be for you. Fairway Auto Care was the 2014 Best of Cedar Rapids in the auto repair category and received the coveted 5-star rating from City Beat News.
THIS IS NOT A MANAGEMENT POSITION.
Job requirements are:
Incumbents must internalize and demonstrate the Core Values of: Honesty & Integrity; Care for our Customers; Clear, Concise Communication; Training; Provide Value; Friendly & Caring.
• Daily, create work orders in AutoShop representing the clients' complaints with, respect to their vehicles, that we need to address.
• Communicate with technicians as to the parts that are necessary for the repairs prescribed by them.
• Ensure complete client understanding of the repair and why it is needed.
• With the technicians, differentiate between urgent repairs and ones that can wait. Counsel clients accordingly.
• Periodically, assist with vehicle repairs in the shop.
• Calculate pricing for recommended repairs. Communicate pricing with clients.
• Purchase needed parts according to best value, not necessarily cheapest price.
• Contact client when their vehicle is ready and explain any variances from quoted pricing. Commuicate variances in advance if significant.
• Receive payments from clients via cash, check or credit card. Enter into AutoShop.
• Perform End of Day in AutoShop.
• Help maintain neat, clean work environment and office area.
• Perform maintenance tasks such as mowing, snow removal, bush trimming, waste removal and cleaning.
• Ensure that daily computer backups occur as scheduled.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Basic Knowledge of (enough to effectively communicate with clients):
• Methods, materials, tools, and standard practices of the automotive technician's trade.
• Principles of operation of internal combustion engines.
• Gasoline, alternative fuel systems.
• Mobile air conditioning systems.
• Anti-lock brake and traction control systems.
-Supplemental impact restraint systems.
• Other vehicle systems.
• Hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
• The use of computer based software including, but not limited to Winworks AutoShop, Open Office Suite (Microsoft competitor).
• Be able to trouble shoot basic WiFi and computer issues.
• Performing basic auto repairs such as oil changes, battery & wiper installation, etc. (preferred).
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
One year of experience as a service advisor. High school graduate with a gradepoint in the top 1/3 of his/her senior class.