Diesel Technologies Instructor
Cedar Rapids, IA
Kirkwood Community College is seeking an instructor in Diesel Technologies. Under minimal supervision, the instructor is responsible for fostering student learning in the area of Diesel Technologies within the Agricultural Sciences Department to begin July 2017. A course load of 15 credit hours per semester is required. Teaching load will be assigned by the Dean. Teaching responsibilities may include but not limited to Ag Engines, Agricultural Diagnosis, Combine Servicing, Operation and Adjustment, Power Shift Transmissions.
- Effectively organize, prepare, and teach assigned courses in accordance with established syllabi.
- Prepare and maintain accurate course syllabi and course handouts for each course taught.
- Evaluate and record student performance/achievement on a regular basis and provide students with timely feedback.
- Participate in student learning assessment projects.
- Advise program students.
- Program recruitment and marketing.
- Maintain established office hours and meet with students as necessary.
- Maintain Diesel Laboratories and Tool Crib.
- Collaborate in the development, assessment, and revision of curriculum.
- Associates degree in Diesel Technology or related discipline
- Three years of recent and relevant full time work experience as a technician.