Cedar Rapids, IA
Service Technician -- Commercial Food Service Equipment
Provide on-site troubleshooting, diagnostics, repairs, maintenance, and installation of food service equipment used in commercial kitchens. Typical equipment serviced would include: ovens, fryers, griddles, convection ovens, warmers, hot food tables, dishwashers, disposers, coffee makers, ice machines, etc. Experience with electrical control systems and natural/ LP gas systems is required. Refrigeration experience is not required, but would be a big plus. A background in HVAC translates well to this position.
Technicians are dispatched from our main office to the customer's location. We provide a service vehicle, company uniform, cellular phone allowance, specialty tools, and a competitive pay and benefits program.
Special knowledge and Skills:
• Proven mechanical skills and abilities
• Knowledge and experience with Volt OHM Meter, Amp Probes, Manometers, and temperature reading devices.
• Knowledge of natural/LP gas system diagnosis and repair.
• Ability to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, and written reference materials.
• The ability and knowledge to work safely and effectively with electricity, gas, and steam.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid Iowa driver's license and a good an insurable driving record.
• Motivated to provide outstanding service
• Manages time and priorities well
• A flexible work schedule allowing for the occasional evening and weekend work for an on-call rotation.
• Needs little supervision and sees jobs through to completion
• Takes pride in work performed, and in customer's loyalty
• Good communication and customer skills
Star Food Service Equipment & Repair is a locally owned business which has been servicing Eastern Iowa for nearly 50 years. We sell, install, and service all types of equipment for the commercial and institutional food service industry.
Find more information at: www.Starfoodequip.com
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cedar Rapids, IA