Research Assistant Dept of Pathology
Iowa City, IA
DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY
Become a member of our team a team that is changing medicine and changing lives! The Department of Pathology is currently accepting applications for a Research Assistant to conduct research using histotechnology applications, procedures and techniques that are functions in the Histology Research Laboratory (HRL), a research Core in the Department of Pathology. Particular areas of expertise include Histology and Immunohistochemistry, but other techniques are used and may be added as they become available. Additional aspects may include general laboratory support as directed by the HRL supervisor.
1. Requires a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and the ability to apply and translate this knowledge to biological research.
2. Experience with histotechnology applications.
3. Excellent written and interpersonal verbal communication skills are required.
4. Experience with Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
1. Consistent attention to detail and accuracy.
2. Ability to effectively prioritize projects to consistently meet deadlines.
3. Candidates experienced with handling animal and/or human tissues.
4. Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
5. Experienced in immunohistochemistry techniques (optimization, validation, trouble
6. shooting) and/or histochemical staining.
7.HT or HTL certification.
For a complete listing of job qualifications, benefits overview, and to apply for this position, please visit our website at https//jobs.uiowa.edu, reference requisition #69944. Applicable background checks will apply.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity I affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.