Cedar Rapids, IA
If you are passionate about sales, like a challenge, and consider yourself a mentor, this may be the position for you. As Geonetric's sales manager, you'll be responsible for the development and execution of Geonetric's sales strategy. You'll lead a team of sales professionals and account strategists who are dedicated to helping hospitals and health systems exceed in online marketing. Using your extraordinary sales and leadership skills, you'll direct the teams to achieve (or better yet, surpass) their monthly sales objectives. And you'll accomplish this by coaching them, prioritizing work, and closely working with them to expand their product knowledge, territory management, relationship building, consulting, presentation and sales skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While you might get to work on just about anything at Geonetric, you'll primarily:
• Develop and implement strategies for Geonetric's business development plan and sales growth
• Ensure appropriate training, processes and metrics are in place to enable the sales and strategist teams to hit sales targets and achieve revenue goals
• Work with team members to coach and improve their product knowledge and sales skills
• Research and develop strategies to identify new sales and new client acquisition opportunities
• Support the sales and account strategy staff to create and maintain a full pipeline and provide realistic sales forecasts
• Model and facilitate team collaboration to encourage cross-team learning and achieve team goals
• Become an expert on Geonetric's products and services, success stories, market differentiators, and value propositions and continually develop this expertise within the teams
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts as well as new solutions and competitive status
• Understand key client relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
• Oversee and prioritize the development of sales materials, including new client proposals and presentations, and coordinate contract activities as needed to efficiently close contracts or renewals
• Work closely with the marketing, engineering and client services teams by continually providing feedback to align activities and product direction
• Report on sales results, plans, and strategies to colleagues and leadership teams
•Develop and manage the sales budget
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing, business, or related field required
• 10+ years of previous, related experience required
• Experience in web domain and digital marketing required
•Previous sales experience required
• Experience with a Content Management System preferred
• Experience with product development and marketing required
• Strong oral and written communication skills required; including phone skills and presentation skills
•Strong sales skills
• Strong analytical, reasoning, problem solving and organizational skills required
• Proficient in MS Office products including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel required
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
In addition to being an amazing sales manager, you'll need to fit into our unique culture and be:
• Self-organized. There are no managers at Geonetric. You'll be a part of a self-organizing team, with no one "supervising" you. You should naturally get a lot of high quality work done to completion without outside pressure.
• A doer. You need to be capable of identifying and resolving obstacles, using strong reasoning skills and creative thinking to get things done. You need to have a strong attention to detail, a drive for quality, and a willingness to see things through to completion.
• Flexible. You need to be able to work in an environment in which there is substantial ambiguity; things change rapidly and often, and you need to adapt to new ways of thinking.
• Self-aware. You need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others and understand how your behaviors affect those of your peers on your self-organizing team.
• Driven to improve. You need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today. You are constantly seeking ways to improve your own work. You're passionate about your discipline.
• A solid communicator. You need to be able to take input from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations to technical and non-technical people.
• Frequent overnight travel to potential client sites required