Business Development Specialist
Cedar Rapids, IA
Business Development Specialist
Do you love the thrill of the hunt for new sales? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, competitive and fun work environment? Do you enjoy making outbound sales calls? If yes, you may be the perfect candidate for our business development position. We are looking for a high-energy, sales-driven person who will generate new business for Geonetric. You'll spend most of your day building relationships with marketing and website managers at healthcare organizations, discussing their needs, and finding a fit with our online marketing solutions. You'll also work closely with our marketing department to inform the development and execution of our marketing campaigns. If you work well within a strong team environment, have incredible communication skills, and love that feeling you get when you close a sale, we want to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While you might get to work on just about anything at Geonetric, you'll primarily:
• Identify and contact potential clients within the healthcare industry based on market research, referrals from existing clients, leads from trade shows, webinar data, and cold calling
• Communicate articulately and persuasively via phone and email to relay product and service information with prospective clients in order to build Geonetric's awareness, credibility, and client base
• Gather detailed information from potential clients about their needs and qualify leads based on that information
• Participate in the development, execution and promotion of targeted outbound marketing campaigns
• Follow-up on marketing initiatives by identifying and calling leads from webinars, forums, campaigns and other marketing campaigns
• Measure, report and improve upon effectiveness of marketing programs and campaigns, with the purpose of improving resource allocation, efficiency, revenue generation and overall marketing automation
• Become knowledgeable about Geonetric's products and services, success stories, market differentiators, and unique value proposition
• Analyze sales and marketing metrics and iterate on marketing campaigns based on data
• Assist with the scheduling, coordinating, and presentation of sales presentations to prospective clients
• Maintain integrity of contact database by adding, deleting, and updating contact information and ensuring data is accurate and mailing lists are valid
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associates' Degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field required, Bachelors' Degree preferred
• 3-5 years of related experience in customer relationship management, account management, and/or sales required
• Previous experience in design/web agency environment preferred
• Previous experience in healthcare preferred
•Previous phone experience preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills required; especially on the phone
•Strong persuasive skills
•Microsoft Office experience required
• Basic knowledge of website design and digital marketing preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
In addition to being an amazing Business Development Specialist, you'll need to fit into our unique culture and be:
• Self-organized. There are no managers at Geonetric. You'll be a part of a self-organizing team, with no one "supervising" you. You should naturally get a lot of high quality work done to completion without outside pressure.
• A doer. You need to be capable of identifying and resolving obstacles, using strong reasoning skills and creative thinking to get things done. You need to have a strong attention to detail, a drive for quality, and a willingness to see things through to completion.
• Flexible. You need to be able to work in an environment in which there is substantial ambiguity; things change rapidly and often, and you need to adapt to new ways of thinking.
• Self-aware. You need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others and understand how your behaviors affect those of your peers on your self-organizing team.
• Driven to improve. You need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today. You are constantly seeking ways to improve your own work. You're passionate about your discipline.
• A solid communicator. You need to be able to take input from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations to technical and non-technical people.
•Occasional overnight travel is required