Family Service Counselor
Cedar Rapids, IA
FAMILY SERVICE COUNSELOR
Overview: Cedar Memorial Park Cemetery and Funeral Homes, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, has a new full time sales opportunity for a pre-planning Consultant to join our Sales Team! This opportunity represents unlimited potential for income, leads, training, and career advancement!
This is not a job. It's a meaningful career in sales that makes a difference in the lives of people we serve while providing you with an opportunity you will love.
Cedar Memorial is one of Iowa's most prestigious and innovative businesses. You will be joining an exceptional staff that is dedicated to providing care, compassion and quality at every turn. So if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for a rewarding career, our training program will equip you to become a productive and successful sales professional. The Family Service Counselor will participate in a unique training program designed for individuals who have a history of success and want to build a long term career in pre-planning, helping & protecting families.
Cedar Memorial is dedicated to preparing families before their time of need. Our sales employees are performance driven, self-motivated, and service-minded professionals. We provide an excellent structured program.
Responsibilities will include developing and nurturing pre-need sales leads with acceptable conversion rates to meet individual and company goals. The Family Service Counselor is responsible for providing empathetic at-need cemetery services to bereaved family members and friends of the deceased and for follow-up on all funerals and burials so that positive rapport is established and pre-need leads and sales occur. Family Service Counselors are key representatives who will effectively handle a variety of service and product sales functions in a timely, accurate and caring manner. They need to be knowledgeable about the various services and memorial products available, including related costs and payment options.
Training: Individual will participate in a six month training program.
Compensation: First six months the individual receives a fixed salary. After six months position is paid at 100% commission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following: These duties may be changed or added to at any time.
1. Works caringly with the family members of deceased individuals to complete the interment order in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Schedule new appointments with prospective families daily, and assist them in finalizing their pre-arrangement funeral plans with Cedar Memorial.
3. Contract with new families monthly and personally sell new business monthly by using the appropriate sales techniques.
4. Personally contact and set appointments with the FA purchaser, or drop by and visit within seven days of arrangement or FA purchase. Offers at-need cemetery property, memorials and space reservations. Follows up with all assigned families served by Cedar Memorial to assure customer satisfaction and to identify prospects for pre-need sales.
5. Secures pre-need sales leads from a variety of sources. Follows up and develops customer service relationships in order to complete pre-need sales of Cedar Memorial services and products.
6. Accurately completes and turns in Lead Logs on a timely basis. Complies with Lead Management structure and protocol. Completes related sales and contract forms accurately.
7. Handles all service selling calls and walk-in inquiries with care and promptness. Also follows up promptly on any complaints and corrects related problems that may have occurred in a manner that exceeds customer expectations.
8. Provides "on-call" and weekend duty as scheduled and required. Assists families and walk in customers in the design and sale of bronze memorials.
9. Schedules and works with Family Center and Library hosts and hostesses as needed.
10. Works with other staff in a positive, cooperative manner and assists them as needed in order to provide the best possible service and sales results.
11. Follows safety policies and procedures.
12. Special projects as assigned
Education, experience and skills:
High School graduation or equivalent. Schedule and pass CPC certification within 18 months of employment. Two or more years of previously successful full time sales/customer service experience. Must be sensitive to the emotional and personal needs of others and have above average interpersonal, customer service and sales skills. Must be able to deal effectively with a variety of individuals, particularly when they are under stress. Above average verbal communication and phone skills needed. Must possess a valid Iowa driver's license, and a safe driving record. Must be computer literate and be able to handle computer word processing and record keeping functions. Must maintain a professional, neat, well-groomed appearance at all times. Must be a cooperative team-oriented individual with consistent follow through and dependability.
Interested candidates should send resumes to: Liz@laforteconsulting.com