Marketing Communications Specialist
Job Description: Marketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist position is a key contributor to an expanding marketing team and would be involved in the messaging of multiple growing brands. This individual is responsible for creating communications that effectively describe and promote company products and services. Key responsibilities include writing, editing, and managing digital and print collateral, graphic design support, research, content distribution, trade show support, and website content management. In addition, contribute to various marketing projects and initiatives.
• Write, edit, proofread and maintain copy for advertising, website, brochures, catalogs, printed materials, email campaigns, social media, presentations, articles, press releases and other copy in collaboration with senior leadership, marketing team members and other internal staff.
• Assist in competitive market research that effectively promotes company brand awareness.
• Produce multiple copy iterations in response to direction/input from team members and leaders.
• Manage drafts through the final edit and approval process.
• Perform audits of all communications and collaborate with team members to revise as needed.
• Ensure that internal and external communications are consistent with company brand messaging and guidelines.
• Organize and maintain all content for print and online materials.
Graphic Design Support
• Work with marketing and product development teams to develop marketing concepts and translate them into easy-to-understand, powerful visual presentations for all distribution channels.
• Research and recommend product knowledge data that aligns with the development of new product launches.
• Support marketing team to incorporate graphics into materials and re-size images.
• Track reporting on customer communications and metrics using Google Analytics, Review Monitoring software and other approved monitoring software and provide feedback and customer buying behaviors and adjust messaging as needed.
Content Distribution Management
• Website and Social Media Support activities related to posting content via website and company established Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other sites.
• Work with internal departments and customers to deliverer required updated marketing materials.
• Assist with organizing and ordering trade show furnishing and samples. Support promotion of new product launches.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Advertising, Marketing or related field.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of proven copywriting, and/or advertising experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Superior knowledge and understanding of grammar, spelling, and punctuation in the English language.
• Solid editing and proofreading skills.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
• Ability to translate data into promotional materials, etc. into a conversational tone, voice and personality that will effectively engage various target audiences.
• Must be able to manage multiple copy writing projects from concept to completion within the allotted timeframes and aggressive deadlines.
• Experience in web design and content production a plus.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Willing to learn new skills, expand knowledge, and adapt to technological and business changes.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Self-motivated and assertive able to work independently with little direction.
• Detail oriented and precise in work and communication.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to demonstrate sound business judgment.
Required Technical Skills
• Intermediate knowledge and experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML and other design/editing tools.
• Experience in content management systems for editing and website maintenance.
• Proficiency in email marketing applications Template development, contact management and content distribution.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Upload work samples such as published articles, advertising copy, website, brochures, presentations, etc. in the resume section of the application process.