Cedar Rapids, IA
Diamond V, who is recognized throughout the animal nutrition field as an innovative, scientifically- motivated feed ingredient supplier, is seeking to hire a Maintenance Technician located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
The Maintenance Technician performs routine preventive maintenance and emergency repair of production machinery and other equipment. They are responsible for installation, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration of all electrical and mechanical equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on production equipment and machinery such as hammer mills, impact mills, elevator legs, pneumatic conveying equipment, packaging and palletizing equipment, and compressors according to established preventative maintenance program.
• Troubleshoot production equipment issues both electrical and mechanical.
• Perform emergency repairs as requested and where qualified to do so.
• Work efficiently with outside contractors on jobs that require them.
• Install, replace or repair electrical, mechanical equipment throughout our manufacturing facilities.
• Daily computer use consisting of Outlook, preventative maintenance software, Excel and Word.
• Cleans maintenance area as needed to ensure a neat and orderly work environment.
• Support R&D and Headquarter facilities.
• Building maintenance that consists of replacing light bulbs and ballast, HVAC, plumbing, snow removal, etc.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
• Continuous, effective operation of equipment serviced.
• Ability to troubleshoot and identify problems.
• Reliability and regularity of attendance.
• Safe and efficient performance of the job.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary, due to the nature of the position and 24 hour operation.
• Effectiveness of communications and working relationships with others at the company.
• Reports directly to Maintenance Manager.
• Work effectively with a wide range of individual from those in manufacturing, headquarters, research & development as well as outside contractors.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• High school education, or equivalent.
• 5 years of industrial maintenance experience in the following areas is preferred:
• Milling Equipment
Hammer Mills, Impact Mill, Mixers, Extruders, Elevator Legs, Pneumatic Conveying, Screw Conveyors, Drag Conveyors
• Packaging Equipment
Automated Packaging & Palletizing
Rotary Screw Compressors 50hp 300hp
Centrifugal, Positive Displacement, Diaphragm, Piston, Progressive Cavity, etc.
Basic volt meter skills are a must
Reading and troubleshooting electrical schematics is preferred
Troubleshooting PLC, VFD is preferred
Stick welding, MIG welding, Soldering and general metal fabrication
• Must be familiar with mechanical and electrical operation of various types of machinery.
• Must be able to operate personal computer, operate a variety of hand and power tools (saw, drill, voltage tester, amp meter, etc.).
• Must have a valid driver's license, good driving skills and insurable.
• Obtain certification to handle fumigants and pesticides.
• Perform welding.
• Occasionally use grinders, voltage tester, amp meter, lawn mower, and snow blower.
• Accurately identify and solve mechanical and electrical maintenance problems.
• Read and follow written instructions regarding operation, safety and repair of various equipment.
• Perform basic math computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide, figure fractions and percentages).
• Frequently lift up to 50 pounds of various materials and equipment and move it up to 50 feet (may need to
lift up to 100 pounds on occasion).
• Requires a wide range of physical motions including ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crawl, reach, walk, push, lift, grasp, fit in tight areas, and not claustrophobic.
• Must be able to listen to machines to detect mechanical problems.
• Distinguish color for electrical wiring.
• Occasional exposure to noise, dust, dirt, cold, heat, heights and damp conditions.
• Some outside work.
• Frequent exposure to potentially hazardous equipment and chemicals (caustics, acids), grease and oily
surfaces, and electricity.
• Variety of hand and power tools (hammers, power saws and drills, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc.)
welders, portable and stationary grinders, voltage tester and amp meter, lawn mover and snow blower.
• The company may require the individual to participate in continuing education courses to acquire or maintain the necessary skills needed to perform the job. In some instances, these classes will be attended during off hours with no compensation. The company will pay for any courses that the company requires the individual to attend.
Please apply online at www.diamondv.com/about/careers/