Business Office Manager
Business Office Manager
2200 Oakdale Road
Coralville, IA 52241
See map: Google Maps
Lantern Park Specialty Care is now hiring a full-time Business Office Manager to join our team in Coralville, IA. This full-time position offers competitive pay + benefits package including health insurance benefits. Qualified candidates will have training/education in record keeping, bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, benefit administration, and office management. Must have familiarity with Microsoft Office and effective organizational and time management skills. Strong customer service skills a must!
Lantern Park Specialty Care is owned and operated by Care Initiatives, Iowa's largest not-for-profit senior care providers with more than 50 locations throughout Iowa. Care Initiatives take great pride in expanding the benefits we offer to meet our employees' needs. New benefit package enhancements for 2016 include: Vision insurance, employee referral bonus program for all Care locations, and Money Management International (MMI) that offers our employees free financial counseling via phone. In addition, we continue to reward our employees in good standing with a generous anniversary bonus ranging $500 - $2000/year based on years of service and full or part-time status. In 2015, Care Initiatives paid over $2.1 million dollars to our employees as a thank you for their hard work and commitment to Care Initiatives mission and core values.
Care Initiatives proudly serves over 3,000 Iowans through 44 skilled nursing care locations, eight assisted living locations, three senior housing apartment locations, and six hospice office locations. Our home office is located in West Des Moines, Iowa. We are committed to providing compassionate care for Iowans through all of life's health transitions.
A National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is encouraged but not required. The NCRC program is part of the Skilled Iowa Initiative program through Iowa Workforce Development. Visit www.skillediowa.org to learn more.
To be considered, complete our online employment application.
EOE / AAP Veterans & Disabled
* Provides professional telephone and personal reception services to callers and guests. Responds appropriately to inquiries or refers to appropriate personnel.
Organize, direct and supervise business office functions.
* Maintain, or oversee maintenance of resident billing and accounts, assure accurate handling of bank deposits, resident trust accounts, and ledgers, according to accepted accounting principles, regulations, company policy/procedure and timelines and maintain an accurate resident census.
* Maintain an accurate accounts receivable documentation system, including but not limited to:
Assist administrator in collecting delinquent accounts.
Organize a system for collection of accounts on a regular basis when delinquent.
Interview residents' representatives to arrange payment methods.
Evaluate need for and refer delinquent accounts to collection agencies.
Follow up on all account collection procedures.
* Maintain accurate accounts payable documentation invoice preparation and billing authorization.
* Perform and oversee payroll preparation, reporting and record keeping, including but not limited to:
Oversee, prepare, and maintain time punches on facility time clock.
Calculate and record vacation, holiday, sick leave, authorized overtime, leave of absence and termination pay and deductions.
Oversees distribution of payroll stubs.
* Maintain and audit employee payroll insurance records and deductions of facility personnel.
* Assure accurate records are maintained regarding vacation, sick and dependent care leave, holiday, leaves of absence.
* Assure employees receive explanations, information and assistance regarding participation in and usage of medical and life insurance benefits, flexible benefits program, and retirement program.
* Communicate and work cooperatively with residents and their financial representatives or family members, and assist family with Medicaid application as needed.
* Secure information on residents' financial status.
* Maintain accurate resident accounts for Medicare, Medicaid and private residents.
* Analyze billings and submit appropriate statements to Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance companies or private paying entities.
* Assure confidential employment and related files are maintained for each employee, according to laws/regulations and company policy and procedure.
* Communicate and work cooperatively with facility vendors, suppliers, contractors, fiscal intermediaries, company accounting staff, auditors, state agencies and private insurance companies.
* Manage and oversee disbursements and replenishment of petty cash funds.
* Coordinate and communicate with other departments.
* Assure adequate inventory of business office supplies and forms is maintained.
* Maintain accurate, neat, organized files of all business office records so that they may be promptly retrieved.
Training/education in record keeping, bookkeeping/accounting, office management.
High school diploma or equivalent; prefer Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
Familiarity with Federal and State long-term care regulations and laws preferred
Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
Knowledge of word processing software and data systems
Work history in an office setting or healthcare field
Computer proficiency, familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office products.
Working knowledge of office machines operation, such as photocopier, fax.
Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to organize and prioritize activities.
Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Ability to work with accuracy.
Ability to exercise good proofreading skills.
Ability to use own initiative, good judgment and dependability.
Full-time Benefits (30+ hours/week):
* Health Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Matching Retirement Plan (No Waiting Period To Receive Match)
* Dental & Life Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
* Short & Long-Term Disability
* Accident Insurance
* Critical Illness Insurance
* Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Pay (Vacation Awarded After 6 Months)
* Vacation Payout Program (Offered Twice Each Year)
* Employee Referral Bonus Program
* Direct Deposit or Pay Card
* Generous Anniversary Bonus
* Birthday T-Shirt Program
* Cell Phone Services Discount (Verizon)
* Online Training & Professional Development (Relias)
* Discounted Adventureland Tickets
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)