Cedar Rapids, IA
Midland Title and Escrow Services, the real estate closing division of HomeServices of Iowa, has an immediate opening for a full-time Escrow/Title Closer in our Cedar Rapids office. The Closer is instrumental in all facets of the real estate closing process working with both the seller and buyer sides of the transaction.
The Escrow Closer facilitates real estate closings, ensuring all documents and balances required to complete a sales and mortgage transaction are properly prepared and executed, assuring closing deadlines are met with good attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. Providing a high level of service within the closing experience is key to leaving a positive lasting impression on the customer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with lenders and customers to clear various title issues such as liens, lawsuits and judgments
• Obtain payoffs for seller's existing loans
• Provide the seller with documents to transfer title and close
• Preparing title commitments and title certificates
• Prepare buyer closing documents
• Sign loan document with buyers
• Complete post-closing work
• Interact with sellers, buyers, realtors and lenders throughout the closing process
Performance Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree or an Associate's Degree with equivalent work experience
• Previous real estate title and/or closing experience preferred
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail
• Excellent customer service focus
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position. We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401K with company match. To apply for this position, please send an updated copy of your resume to
HomeServices of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: