Request for Proposal Writer
Leepfrog Technologies' CourseLeaf software is used by over two hundred of the nation's most academically complex universities and colleges to manage their online academic catalogs and curriculum processes.
Leepfrog receives and responds to public Requests for Proposal (RFPs) from colleges and universities around the world. The RFP Writer will spend 70-80% of their time developing complex documents detailing every aspect of Leepfrog's software as it pertains to the potential client's specific questions. This position is expected to coordinate with other departments and understand terminology and functionality found within the CourseLeaf software that is important to the proposal while at the same time conveying value to the requestor. This includes a wide range of information and can contain highly technical and detailed responses all variables vital to securing a bid for service. The remaining 20-30% of their time will be supporting the Sales Team by providing market assessments, tracking and analyzing information, and writing pricing letters.
• Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of CourseLeaf software and how it can be configured, customized and implemented to meet client requirements.
• Review and collate concept papers into a single body of work and ensure completed "Requests for Proposal" (RFPs) are professional, cohesive and credible.
• Understand the unique needs of the customer and industry to suggest and articulate the right solution.
• Identify and define scope of services, coordinate with departments and employees to gather and incorporate content and ensure completeness.
• Ensure bids are technically and functionally compliant.
• Take ownership of assigned RFPs, develop timely, high-quality and competitive proposals that are compelling.
• Direct the layout, formatting, design and presentation of RFPs.
• Continuously improve proposal writing by identifying beneficial changes to product language, evaluating and re-designing RFP processes, and accurately coordinating updates across departments.
• Identify client questions during RFP process and act as a liaison between the client and internal departments by appropriately directing questions. Ensure follow-up with clients after answers have been determined.
• Capture and compile accurate and complete information regarding the customer relationship to aid in the hand-off between Sales and Implementation.
• Collect, analyze, and summarize data and recognize trends. This includes recurring product/service requests that may assist in determining future enhancements to Leepfrog offerings.
• Develop and maintain the most current product knowledge. Remain current on new developments in higher education technology.
• Document and upload all activities into marketing tracking system to ensure accurate pipeline analytics.
• Assist account executives with client-submitted questions. This includes drafting appropriate responses for account executives to share with clients. Maintain commonly asked questions in an "FAQ" database for future reference.
• Support sales presentations by assembling quotations, proposals, videos, slide shows, demonstration and product capability booklets; compiling account and competitor analyses.
• Update competitor database by inputting data from field sales; compiling, consolidating, formatting, and summarizing information, graphs, and presentations; distributing reports.
• Provide support for contract renewals, fee calculations, and pricing letters.
• Adhere to prescribed deadlines.
• Participate in marketing activities and/or special projects as required. Perform ad-hoc requests as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Impeccable verbal and written communication: able to clearly convey ideas across a wide range of internal and external audiences in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
• Ability to ask intelligent questions as it pertains to solutions and customer requirements.
• Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Experienced in assessing technical, financial, schedule, or other associated risks with solicitations.
• Strong work ethic: be a self-starter with strong initiative; be reliable.
• Planning: an ability to think ahead, prioritize, and plan over a 3-9 month time span.
• Problem-solve in a changing environment: analyze situations quickly and react appropriately with minimal supervision.
• Teamwork: demonstrated ability to interact effectively with others.
• Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suites skills. Advanced knowledge and experience with HTML, CSS preferred but not required.
• Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others; lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
A minimum of two years prior applicable experience is required. A bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, or Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. High level of internet literacy is a must, with strong knowledge of web systems, tools, and applications. Customer service skills are required. Incumbent must have proven ability to work under pressure, delivering high quality work consistently against tight deadlines. The ideal candidate must be able to operate in an entrepreneurial, small company environment with the ability to adjust to client schedules.
Generally, this position is considered sedentary and will be faced with regular interruptions. The RFP Writer will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.