Junior Linux Server Administrator
Cedar Rapids, IA
Junior Linux Server Administrator Position onsite in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Department Information Technology
FLSA Status- Non - Exempt
Provide support of the organization's server and network infrastructure. The position is responsible for assisting in the administration of the organization's LINUX server environment, and for planning and implementing a secure, robust and scalable network structure, capable of supporting both internal and external customers.
•Linux Server Administration
•Maintain and monitor Linux systems
• Provide data backups, backup verification, and some SAN maintenance
•Utilize third-party assistance when necessary.
• Monitor load balance on servers and make appropriate recommendations
•Continuously maintain and improve service monitoring system
•Evaluate MAN/LAN performance via SNMP tools, snort, and other tools
• Make recommendations for network infrastructure and upgrades as needed
• Maintain disaster recovery plans and test them on a continual basis to ensure the organization minimizes downtime.
•Use a combination of troubleshooting tools including Wireshark, tcpdump, and snort
•Participate in weekly meeting with VP-IT to discuss business plan and goal setting
• Participate in team meetings, provide input and suggestions
oParticipate in weekend on-call rotation
• Experience in the following technical areas is required:.SNMP, Sendmail/Postfix, iptables, Apache
• 2-4 years combined linux experience with RedHat and Debian based systems
• 1-2 years general networking experience: Must have demonstrated understanding of networking such as load balancing, firewalls, switches and TCP/IP.
• Experience with the following is highly preferred:
•Nagios, Bind9, KVM Virtualization, RedHat Clustering and Clustered Filesystems, and iscsi
•Experience in PHP, BASH, perl scripting, and MYSQL queries.
•Certifications in CCNA and Linux.
•Wireshark, tcpdump, and snort experience
•Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
•Commitment to providing excellent customer service
•Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
•Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Strong degree of visual acuity, listening and manual dexterity
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org