Cedar Rapids, IA
Colocation Manager Job Description
SUB DEPARTMENT: Colocation
REPORT TO: Interim Director of Operations
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt LOCATION: Cedar Rapids
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years technology service management
Circle Computer Resources, Inc. (CCR), recently named a "Great Place To Work", is a privately held corporation founded in 1986, that provides Internet and Computer related services to large and small businesses nation-wide. CCR also specializes in content acquisition for media monitoring companies and being project managers for large organizations that are looking for highly trained MSP's. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA, CCR has been named to the Inc.5000 Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in America the last 6 years. As we continue to expand and grow we are in need of additional employees that share the same values as CCR.
CCR offers a unique family oriented work environment, a competitive compensation package with competitive pay, health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k program, quarterly profit sharing, as well as a discounted gym membership. Some of the additional perks about working at CCR are the company provided short term & long term disability, life insurance, and the most unique perk of all is the free lunch provided by our executive chef each day to all employees. If you are interested in working at a Certified Great Place To Work apply today at https://ccr.bamboohr.com/jobs/. Also, be sure to read about our certified great workplace culture at http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/circle-computer-resources-inc.
Lead the delivery of CCR Colocation service portfolio to our clients to meet our promises. Ensure excellent customer service is always provided along the way. Deliver target financials to the company. Continuously find ways to deliver additional value to all stakeholders.
• Deliver CCR Colocation services through ticketing, uptime, backup and any other Service Level Agreements (SLA's) according to client contractual or implied expectations.
• Deliver on-time high quality operational outcomes to the client; under-promise and over-deliver.
• Ensure delivery of excellent customer service to all Colocation clients at all times.
• Develop and update crisis response plan for Colocation clients.
• Develop and deliver on Colocation budgetary responsibilities and targets while contributing to profits and revenue.
• Ensure team and individual time utilization numbers are being met.
• Work with other departments to constantly push for improvement in all facets of the Colocation business, centered on our clients.
• Define, analyze, plan, manage, measure, improve and provide ownership across your assigned portfolio of services throughout their entire service lifecycle.
• Negotiate Service Level Agreements, ensuring all processes and underpinning contracts with external suppliers are appropriate, measurable and regularly reviewed.
• The identification and application of techniques for monitoring and continuously improving the quality of functions or processes related to operational services.
• Ensure technology services and infrastructure plans are in place to deliver the agreed capacity and performance targets in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Management of the lifecycle and root cause analysis of all service problems with the aim of preventing incidents from recurring or minimizing their impact.
• Responsible for managing department structure and staffing needs.
• Act as a coach, mentor and positive role model to create best practices and develop team members.
• Translate CCR's purpose, mission, values and core competencies into operations.
• Drive cross-functional collaboration across the business and operations.
• Create, analyze and evaluate KPI's to measure business progress while supporting the organizational operating goals.
• Clarify roles and responsibilities while setting expectations and monitoring delegated tasks.
• Synthesize complex or diverse information while exhibiting sound and accurate judgement.
• Design effective work flow and procedures that generates creative solutions.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
• Make sure all decisions are aligned with CCR Core Values and strategic goals.
• Conduct weekly and quarterly meetings with the Colocation team.
• Perform employee quarterly evaluation and annual review.
•Travel as necessary.
• Other duties assigned by the Interim Director of Operations.
General Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Strong analytical problem-solving approach.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizing and prioritizing skills.
• Solid understanding of all CCR Systems.
• Decision-making ability even with limited information.
• Skill in planning, preparing, and executing.
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
• Able to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
• Ability to remain calm in high pressure situations.
•Punctuality and reliability.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is quiet to moderately noisy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, type, walk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to operate in cramped and confined spaces, and lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
Adherence to moral and ethical principles
Mental and emotional strength in facing difficulty, adversity, danger or temptation courageously
Ability to make the best decision possible on the basis of an objective assessment of known information while resisting to influences of peer pressure
Telling the truth, especially habitually