Customer Support Technician
Cedar Rapids, IA
Customer Support Technician
This position is located at Kirkwood Community College and will be in support of the College operations. Solutions Management Group in conjunction with Kirkwood Community College seeks a Customer Support Technician located at Kirkwood's main campus. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a technology team that supports a leading educational institution that focuses on instructional innovation, program effectiveness and operational excellence.
Under general supervision, the Customer Support Technician (CST) provides direct support of computers, peripheral equipment, software, and converged technology through the Customer Support Services Team (CSS).
This includes all equipment from the network's edge to the end user and encompasses a wide range of computer and audio/visual peripherals including, but not limited to, projectors, displays, document cameras, audio amplification and similar equipment.
The position provides operational support and incident resolution for both individual components and systems, and works closely with end-users to solve both technical and operational problems.
This position requires strong customer service and relationship management skills, as well as the ability to implement project management skills through leading assigned projects and project team members. The CST is expected to document solutions and to work closely with the CSS Team, the Service Desk, and the System Administrators to efficiently resolve issues.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities Include:
• Install, support, and repair computers, peripherals, software, and technology equipment.
• Interface effectively, efficiently, and professionally with end users to resolve issues related to effective use of technology.
• Lead projects and/or project teams utilizing effective project management skills and methodologies as assigned.
• Travel to on-site and off-site facilities for installation, demonstration, maintenance and repair of equipment.
• Observe and report equipment performance deficiencies and provide input into the development of procedures, best practices, and policies.
• Promote self-service and coach end users to use self-service when remote or desk side visit could have been avoided.
• Provide on-going operational training to end-users with hands-on training and/or writing technical support documentation for installed systems along with assistance to other CTS staff.
• Provide set-up, operation and teardown of AV support for miscellaneous events.
• Perform other related work duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Associate's Degree or Certificate/Diploma in computer science or related field.
• Three to five years of recognized success in Desktop Support, Audio/Visual Support, educational technology, or a related field with proven teamwork and project management skills.
• Proven trouble-shooting skills with Windows operating systems.
Preferred Qualifications, Licenses, Certifications or Registrations:
• Comp TIA A+ Certification.
• Proven trouble-shooting skills with Mac OS.
• Proven trouble-shooting skills with iOS and Android devices.
• ITIL Foundations qualification
• InfoComm CTS Certified Technology Specialist
• Five to Seven years of recognized success in Desktop Support, Audio/Visual Support, or a related field.
• Experience supporting education facilities
At Kirkwood College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
• Excellent pay and comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision and a 401k retirement plan.
• Generous vacation and paid holidays.
Deadline to submit resume is November 8th
Solutions Management Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A background check for applicants may be required.
Apply online or send to: