Service Desk Analyst
Cedar Rapids, IA
Service Desk Analyst
This position is located at Kirkwood Community College and will be in support of the College operations.
Solutions Management Group in conjunction with Kirkwood Community College seeks a Service Desk Analyst located at Kirkwood's main campus.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a technology team that supports a leading educational institution that focuses on instructional innovation, program effectiveness and operational excellence.
The Service Desk Analyst will provide remote, phone & email based, first level technical support upon request. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
This position will focus of First Call Resolution (FCR) and will directly interface with the Computer Support Services Incident Team and Service Request Team to escalate the resolution of all remaining issues.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities Include:
•Utilize effective troubleshooting skills, tools, and communication with end users to resolve First Call Resolution issues.
•Respond quickly and professionally to requests through the Customer Support Service Desk.
•Scheduling Service Request Team through data entry in a team environment.
•Promote self-service and coach end users to use self-service when remote or desk side visit could have been avoided.
•Assist Service Desk Team Lead in conducting technology training during new employee orientations.
•Work closely with Incident, Service Request, and project teams to ensure consistent end-user support.
•Provide measurable, high quality support to all end-users via Automatic Call Distribution and Email.
• Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails regarding IT issues and status questions.
•Ensure Total Ownership to Resolution (TOR) by taking ownership of issues, following up with status updates, and properly communicating to our customers.
•Provide input and feedback towards best practices and improved processes with larger Customer Support Team.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Associate's Degree or Certificate/Diploma in computer science or related field.
• 2+ years of previous customer service experience in a call center environment.
•Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and software, with an emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 2010.
•Strong, proven aptitude in technical troubleshooting.
Preferred Qualifications, Licenses,
Certifications or Registrations:
• Basic Active Directory Administration experience.
• Experience with ITIL methodology.
• Experience supporting end users utilizing Macintosh operating systems.
• Experience supporting end users utilizing educational/presentation technology peripherals.
• Experience supporting end users utilizing Microsoft SharePoint.
• Excellent pay and comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision and 401k retirement.
• Generous vacation and paid holidays.
Application deadline is October 24th 2016
Submit online or email to: