IT Support Analyst
IT Support Analyst
Health Care Information Systems has an opening for an IT Customer Support Analyst. Scheduled shift will be first shift Monday through Friday for a 40 hour week. Duties include assisting customers by phone with computer, application, and network support issues and creating a work order for each phone call handled. Work will be performed in a structured Help Desk setting. The IT Support Analyst position acts as the front-line customer contact point for Health Care Information Systems. The position provides basic customer service and support for UI Health Care computer users and machines in a high call volume center. The position requires a professional demeanor, close attention to detail, strong team building skills and the ability to tolerate high intensity working conditions. The ability to make quick decisions based on professional judgment and written procedures is essential.
Salary and Benefits:
• $43,500 to commensurate
• Fringe benefit package including 24 days paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
• Check out https://jobs.uiowa.edu/why_ui/index.php for WHY IOWA.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or IT-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 6 months to 1 year of work experience in a high volume Help Desk, Call Center, or other customer service environment.
• Experience troubleshooting problems with Windows XP and Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 Suite.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to quickly learn new software.
• Proven ability to work independently with a strong focus on customer service.
• Experience troubleshooting problems with Mac OS X
• Experience installing and troubleshooting local and network printers
• Experience using applications running in a Citrix environment
• Experience troubleshooting and installing Citrix clients in Windows and Mac OS X
• Familiar with virtualization concepts
• Working knowledge of McAfee Endpoint Encryption
• Working knowledge of basic clinical application support.
• Working knowledge of LAN/WAN networking
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals.
• Ability to setup iOS and Android devices with Exchange Active Sync
This position will be located at 3281 Ridgeway Drive, Coralville, Iowa. Applicable background and credential checks will be conducted. To apply for this position visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for requisition #69761.
Competitive salary and outstanding fringe benefits. Applicant credentials subject to verification. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.