Cedar Rapids, IA
IT Administrator doesn't really cover everything this position does. Part desktop support. Part server administration. Part systems administration. And part "all duties as assigned". This position acts as the "go to" person for all IT related items for the whole company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIKBILITIES
While you might get to work on just about anything at Geonetric, you'll primarily:
* Provide IT support for PCs, printers, hardware, email, Internet, VPN, LAN, and phones
* Provide direct end-user support, including troubleshooting issues and testing possible solutions
* Set up, maintain, and repair the configuration and installation of PC hardware, software, and peripherals
* Manage all desktop OS and software updates
* Administer email, antivirus, asset management and phone systems
* Assist in installing local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards and switches
* Configure and implement new server infrastructure and perform maintenance updates on servers
* Manage IT resources including monitoring loads on servers, researching disk space issues, and creating back ups
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associate's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Networking, or related degree required; bachelor's degree preferred
* 2 years of previous experience preferred
* Experience with desktop operating systems, software applications and basic hardware required
* Previous desktop support experience required
* Server support experience preferred
* A+ desktop certification preferred
* Microsoft office knowledge required, previous experience in a support role preferred
* Knowledge of principles and theories of network systems and management
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
In addition to being an amazing IT Administrator, you'll need to fit into our unique culture and be: * Self-organized. There are no managers at Geonetric. You'll be a part of a self-organizing team, with no one "supervising" you. You should naturally get a lot of high quality work done to completion without outside pressure.
* A doer. You need to be capable of identifying and resolving obstacles, using strong reasoning skills and creative thinking to get things done. You need to have a strong attention to detail, a drive for quality, and a willingness to see things through to completion.
* Flexible. You need to be able to work in an environment in which there is substantial ambiguity; things change rapidly and often, and you need to adapt to new ways of thinking.
* Self-aware. You need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others and understand how your behaviors affect those of your peers on your self-organizing team.
* Driven to improve. You need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today. You are constantly seeking ways to improve your own work. You're passionate about your discipline.
* A solid communicator. You need to be able to take input from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations to technical and non-technical people.
This position is required to respond to after-hours calls.