Cedar Rapids, IA
UFG is seeking a business analyst to serve as a liaison between our business units and the development team, working to elicit and define system requirements and turn them into technical specifications. Our business analysts work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, challenging, and ever-changing environment. We are looking for an energetic individual with strong business analysis experience who thrives on building high quality business technology systems.
If you're an analytical thinker who has ingenious, creative ideas and enjoys problem-solving with technological improvements, then read on to learn what it takes to join our outstanding organization.
• Gather and document business requirements through interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, and task and workflow analysis.
• Translate business needs into application and operational requirements.
• Analyze and review all specified requirements. Identify requirements users expect but have not verbalized.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Specify the functional requirements at a suitable level of detail for the developers who will implement them.
• Define and write detailed requirements for the programmers and developers. Requires should include, but is not limited to: functional specifications which clearly describe how the program will work from the user's perspective, i.e. screens, menus, dialogs, etc.; external interfaces; performance requirements, i.e. response time, availability, cross-platform compatibility, etc.; all system inputs, outputs and events; all data sources, ranges of values, default values and data format; all system edits, including messages.
• Automate business rules and procedures by reviewing and analyzing process, and subsequently specifying system changes to improve efficiency.
• Manage project scope. Evaluate change requests to project scope based on perceived benefits and the impact on the original project dates. Communicate project scope changes to team members, managers and other stakeholders.
• For projects that have not been assigned to QA, develop testing plans, test scripts and conduct tests to assure programs perform according to requirements.
• Maintain copies of testing documentation as needed to comply with audit requirements.
• Assist agents and systems users by resolving questions and problems. Maintain a record of problems and solutions.
• Conduct acceptance testing for projects that have not been assigned to Quality Assurance.
• Keep current in new technologies to stay current on new trends.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Four-year college degree in business or related discipline
• 3 - 5 years of business analyst experience
• 3 - 5 years of insurance experience is desired
• Demonstrated success in writing detailed software requirements for large, complex projects.
• Ability to work well with business leaders, project team members, vendors, application developers and programmers.
• Certified or working toward a Business Analyst certification such as CCBA, CBAP.
• Insurance coursework or designations which include: AINS, API, AU, AIT, CPCU or any Life Office Management Associate (LOMA) classes or designations, are desired.
• Thorough knowledge of business analyst principles and practices.
• Understanding of our corporate strategies and the operational issues of our business units.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many disciplines and with varying degrees of business and technical experience.
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to diverse groups of people.
• Strong leadership, facilitation, negotiation, mentoring and personnel management skills.
• Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage multiple priorities and work under deadlines.
• Technical background sufficient to understand the issues involved with our automation projects, and be able to anticipate and identify technical obstacles and make good decisions.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/z3gkptx2zv