Senior / Systems Administrator, Desktop Engineering
Senior/Systems Administrator, Desktop Engineering
Health Care Information Systems is seeking an experienced IT professional to support software distribution and management in an enterprise environment. Using enterprise deployment tools, the Senior/Systems Administrator is tasked with the development, integration, testing, distribution and maintenance of network-based software in the UI Health Care desktop and network environment. One position is available to be filled as either a Senior Systems Administrator (PIF3) or Systems Administrator (PIF2), based on candidate qualifications.
SALARY and BENEFITS
• Position to be filled as either a Systems Administrator (PIF2) or Senior Systems Administrator (PIF3), based on candidate qualifications.
• Salary range is $65,000 to commensurate for Senior (PIF3); $56,000 to commensurate for Systems Administrator
• Generous fringe benefit package including 24 days paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
• Check out https://jobs.uiowa.edu/why_ui/index.php for WHY IOWA.
Note to Applicant: The qualifications for this position are described as competencies or the behaviors needed to be successful in performing the duties of this position at a defined proficiency leve/standard. The proficiency level required for the Senior Systems Administrator is EXTENSIVE and WORKING for Systems Administrator. For a complete definition of the proficiency levels, visit .http://hr.uiowa.edu/competencies/proficiency-levels/. Please assure your resume and/or cover letter illustrates the work experience, knowledge, skills and abilities you have that meet each of the qualifications.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Related systems administration experience (typically 5-7 years for Senior Systems Administrator level ; 3-5 years for Systems Administrator) in a diverse server and desktop environment
• Extensive or Working knowledge of PC configuration and setup, drivers, security and profiles
• Extensive or Working experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Extensive or Working experience with enterprise-level OS and software deployment tools
• Extensive or Working Packaging experience using Windows Installer technology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, superior organizational skills, and proven ability to research and evaluate new software
• Comprehensive understanding of distributed computing and network architecture
• Understanding of desktop applications in a Windows environment
• Experienced with software distribution and management on an enterprise level.
• Microsoft Active Directory experience
• Proficiency with PowerShell and other scripting tools
• Experience developing SQL reports.
Applicant credentials subject to verification. To apply for this position visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for requisition #70175. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.