MVlink the High Speed Internet service offered by Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative has an immediate opening for a Network Engineer. This position is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing network infrastructure and related application components. The position will also be responsible for monitoring the network to proactively identify network issues, provide trouble investigation and resolution and remotely assist those who are experiencing service issues.
• Designs, implements, configures and maintains complex switching and routing environments using routers, firewalls, LAN switches, VLANS and GPON/AE CALIX switches.
• Assists with installation, operation and security of SCADA, mobile radio and AMI as it pertains to the communications network.
• Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, and MVEC Co-op staff for technical assistance and support
• Performs after-hours equipment installation and maintenance and responds to after-hours equipment/service interruptions
• Develops and maintains change management procedures and network documentation
• Ensures compliance to standards for all systems administered
• Familiarity with network troubleshooting including common switching and routing issues, an understanding of the OSI model, and packet capture and analysis tools like Wireshark.
• Strong knowledge of services and protocols such as DNS,DHCP, TCP/IP, OSPF and BGP
• Experience with CALIX or Passive Optical Networking (PON/GPON) ERPS a strong plus
• Previous CLEC or ISP installation and service experience a strong plus
• Strong time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities at once
• Ability to communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot along with strong problem solving skills
Education/Experience: Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Information Technology or a related field or equivalent experience.
Licenses or Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent preferred. A valid driver's license is required.
Physical requirements: Ability to sit, stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; occasionally bend, squat, crawl or climb; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Hours and Environment: M-F 7:30am-4:00pm. Irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays may be involved. A combination of inside and outside work may be required.
Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative offers an excellent benefits package that includes, health, vision, life, LTD, company-paid 401(k), HSA, FSA, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, paid sick leave and holidays.
Visit www.mvec.com for a complete job description and application. E-mail application and/ or resume to email@example.com