Database Developer, Human Resource (HR) Applications
UI Health Care Information Systems is seeking a Senior/Application Developer with diverse database experience to assist in the support of Human Resource and Labor Management systems. Duties include developing interfaces and applications for staff information records which support several administrative operational initiatives. This position involves a high degree of customer contact so excellent communication and customer relations skills are imperative. Position will be filled as Senior Application Developer (PIA3) or Application Developer (PIA2) based on candidate qualifications.
Salary and Benefits:
• Permanent salaried position located on the UI Health Shared Services Building in Coralville, Iowa.
• Salary range is $65,000 to commensurate for PIA3; $50,201 to commensurate for PIA2
• Fringe benefit package including 24 days paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
• Check out https://jobs.uiowa.edu/why_ui/index.php for WHY IOWA.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Proven track record of delivering successful customer-facing, database-driven IT services, such as web applications, self-service business intelligence, or vendor application integration.
o To be eligible for a Senior Application Developer -- Typically 5-7 years of related experience as a lead programmer or technical expert in a complex computing environment
o To be eligible for an Application Developer Typically 3-5 years of related experience.
• Experience developing relational database solutions to support IT services, including data definition, procedure programming, and complex query analysis and development.
• Experience synchronizing data across disparate systems, analyzing, scrubbing, translating and modeling data to support IT services.
• Experience working directly with business process owners to define requirements
• Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical staff.
• Ability to wear a pager and provide some 24x7 on-call support.
• Demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment.
• Microsoft BI stack development experience (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
• Oracle Database development
• Web application development experience (Java)
• Experience configuring, integrating, and supporting third-party applications
• Experience with ITSM and/or SDLC management frameworks
• Experience with human resource, payroll, and/or financial practices
Applicable background and credential checks will be conducted. To apply, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #69370. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.