Cedar Rapids/Iowa City
Girls on the Run of Eastern Iowa (GOTREI), a 501(c)3 serving girls throughout eastern Iowa is seeking TWO dynamic, professional, and creative Program Managers (part-time/hourly). One Program Manager will serve Johnson, Washington, Iowa and Jefferson Counties; the other Program Manager will serve Linn, Buchanan and Benton Counties. The Program Managers must be creative, can-do problem solvers who enjoy a bit of healthy chaos. The Program Managers report to our executive director and will work as a team to help administer the Girls on the Run program to 30+ area schools each season. The Program Manager must possess a passion for the GOTR mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Outreach and Site Management:
• Achieve program goals with respect to number of girls and number of sites
• Work with Executive Director (ED) to identify, reach out to, and follow up with potential new sites according to strategic program plan
• Coordinate existing and new sites, generating innovation and improvement as needed for program coordination; inform and train sites on policies and procedures and assist ED with enforcing all current site policies and procedures
• Conduct community outreach and attend community meetings to promote program and advocate and generate visibility and support for GOTREI mission, vision and goals
• Promote program in ways that are inclusive of all demographics
• Cultivate strong relationships with coaches, parents, participants, volunteers, and donors and sponsors along with ED.
Coach Management and Training:
• Ensure all program sites are staffed with qualified volunteer coaches through ongoing recruitment
• Plan, organize and implement an engaging and informative training experience for coach training with assistance from ED, including location, date, time, agenda and training materials
• Ensure that background checks are completed by all volunteer coaches and community running buddies every 2 years.
• Enforce all current coaching policies and procedures and generate continuous improvement
• Assist coaches in recruiting and organize Running Buddies each season for practice 5Ks and the end-of-season 5K
• Recruit, interview, place, train, support and inspire program management intern(s) and program volunteers, working together to schedule and conduct site visits (1-2 per season) and provide meaningful feedback for each team
• Manage distribution of coach and program curriculum, materials, supplies and resources
• Assist with utilizing program resources in a fiscally responsible manner
• Data collection & information management of rosters, girls, numbers & revenue
• Manage all program-related paperwork
• Assist as directed with annual events, such as the Girls on the Run Fall 5K and fundraising events; serve on 5k committee for your program management area
• Work with ED to maintain a positive social media presence and maintain relevant website pages
• BA or BS degree
• Passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health
• Be a positive role model for health and self-esteem
• Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external)
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and make efficient decisions
• Outstanding relationship-building skills and the ability to respond quickly and empathetically to volunteer coaches and sites and generate win-win solutions
• Ability to travel within assigned territory using a personal vehicle (Johnson, Iowa, Washington and Jefferson Counties; also meetings and events in Linn County)
• Computer competence, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, data management and email
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
• Flexible, adaptable, dependable and personable
• Creative problem solving skills
• A fun-maker!
• Experience with Girls on the Run (or other similar youth or wellness programs)
• Volunteer management experience
• Fundraising experience
• Connections to the local community
Email resume and cover letter with the subject line "Program Manager Application" to email@example.com or mail to Executive Director, Girls on the Run of Eastern Iowa, PO Box 3222, Iowa City, IA 52244 by January 20, 2017. All positions with GOTR are pending a valid background check and reference checks. This job description materially represents the responsibilities of the position; however, the Program Manager may be asked to perform other job-related tasks not specifically presented in this job description.