Cedar Rapids, IA
MercyCare Community Physicians
Apply at www.mercycare.org/employment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Full-time Clinic Manager position to lead and manage a physician's clinic and establish clinic goals and performance standards to reach positive patient outcomes.
Job Specific Duties/Essential Functions
• Management oversight of clinics with multiple providers and/or multiple locations including clinics with extended hours of operation, specialty clinics or urgent care locations.
• Resolves immediate issues in administrative areas (Information Services, Patient Billing, Human Resources) and ensures compliance with regulations, policies and procedures in a timely manner.
• Prepares and monitors clinic payroll per policy. Oversees employees' time card maintenance and absence requests.
• Maintains a quality improvement program in coordination with Director and other practice sites.
• Monitors compliance with marketing and patient satisfaction strategies.
• Reports practice performance to the Director, identifying operational efficiencies or areas for improvement. Practice performance measures to be available for review with Director and providers as needed.
• Coordinates and gathers statistical information for the Director to prepare financial management and production reports.
• Works with Human Resources to select, orient and train staff. Oversees work assignments and training of employees. Ensures adequate staffing of the practice site supplementing with resource employees as needed.
• Prepares and participates in feedback with employees, including performance evaluations, corrective action and commendations, working with Human Resources as needed.
• Participates in projects pertaining to designated clinic/providers. Acts as a liaison for project planning and develops standards and competencies relating to implementation of such projects.
• Coordinates, educates and implements process workflow changes in the clinic.
• Facilitates and participates in all team and Quality Council meetings, assures the completion of minutes that document agenda items, discussion of staff concerns and identified action plans and outcomes. Attends all Clinic Manager meetings.
• Serves as a resource to staff and providers for questions and issues pertaining to the EPIC medical record.
• Oversees the reconciliation of petty cash with cash paid receipts, in accordance with policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of health care administration practices, including financial statement review, budget and capital expenditure processes for the clinic. Knowledge of a variety of operational metrics and indicators pertaining to the clinic and ancillary services.
• Strong skills in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
• Ability to communicate with and act as a resource for individuals at all levels of the organization ranging from providers, peers, clinical and non-clinical staff.
• Possess general understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, managed care and other third party payor's guidelines.
• Knowledge of legal issues in all aspects of operations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and rights of all customers.
• Achieve Epic super user status by completing necessary requirements.
• Bachelor's Degree or 8 years healthcare experience required
• 4 years administrative support or clinical experience in a health care setting required
Our Company: MercyCare Community Physicians is comprised of 26 community clinics, including family practice, urgent care and specialty clinics throughout eastern Iowa.
Our History: More than 110 years ago, the Sisters of Mercy guided by their vow "to care for the poor and for the sick" established Mercy Hospital and laid the foundation for The Mercy Touch. Although the faces and technologies have changed throughout the years, our vision and mission still reflect our commitment to continuing the Sisters' work today and for years in the future.
Our Mission: To care for the sick and enhance the health of the communities we serve, guided by the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
Our Benefits: At MercyCare, employees are offered a competitive, comprehensive benefits package to include:
•Medical, Dental and Vision
•Flexible Spending Accounts
•Short Term Disability
•Paid Time Off