Clinical Care / Specialty Services Supervisor
Iowa City, IA
IOWA CITY, IA – 60% Clinical Care/Specialty Services Supervisor - The University of Iowa, College of Dentistry is searching for a part-time Clinical Care/Specialty Services Supervisor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Responsible to provide coordination, supervision and direct provision of care to patients undergoing oral surgery procedures at the College of Dentistry and Hawkeye Oral Surgery. This involves working with care providers at various levels of training, including faculty, oral surgery residents and dental students. This position will provide functional supervision and education of support staff and students. Responsibilities also include case planning, coordination and maintenance of all instrumentation, supplies and surgical equipment.
•Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
• Current license to practice nursing in Iowa.
•Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), or obtain within 3 months of hire.
• 3 - 5 years directly related clinical experience which includes the following skillsets:
• Clinical Service/Department (Oral Surgery or related discipline) Operations Management - Working Experience
Knowledge of and ability to manage effective and smooth operations in a services or department by utilizing various management principles and techniques. Clinical experience in oral surgery or related discipline in outpatient clinic or operating room setting.
• Arranges work schedules, patient flows, staff and resource allocations in a clinical service/department.
• Follows relevant policies and procedures when managing clinical service/department operations.
• Maintains the quality of clinical service practices for clinical treatment and care services.
• Planning and Organizing – Extensive Experience
Mobilizes both time and resources to get things done.
• Identifies the critical goals and tasks required to meet daily objectives.
• Develops contingency plans or to improve processes and to avoid problems before they occur.
• Tracks the implementation of plans closely to ensure that desired outcomes are achieved.
• Manages conflicting priorities effectively.
• Balances multiple priorities by considering linkages and interrelationships.
•Updates stakeholders on potential changes; re-negotiates requirements as necessary.
•Patient Assessment, Care and Counseling – Extensive Experience
Knowledge of and ability to assess ailments and injuries of patients and implement a treatment plan.
• Manages multiple patients and directly responds to all questions.
•Trains others to counsel patients and family members on condition and selected treatment plan.
• Develops procedures for patient documentation and assessment.
• Defines requirements for handling patient and family member inquiries.
• Analyzes new treatment techniques and revises or keeps with appropriate plan.
• Reviews and revises documentation of patient history and exam procedures.
•Health Care Policy and Ethics Compliance – Working Experience
Knowledge of health care policies for all clinical practices and applicable laws and regulations governing proper clinical practice; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
• Implements health care policies and ethical requirements when providing clinical services.
• Adjusts clinical practices according to patients' wishes, keeping within policy limits.
• Uses relevant tools and demonstrates non-disclosure of patient information.
• Operates and maintains medical equipment based on specific policies.
• Follows process for reporting violations, investigating breaches, and taking disciplinary actions.
•Experience establishing IV access.
• Experience monitoring surgical patients undergoing procedures utilizing local anesthesia, conscious and deep sedation
• Experience monitoring patients during recovery until discharge.
• Proficiency in electronic health record charting and clinical scheduling software (preferably AxiUm).
•BLS Instructor certification
• Clinical experience with dental implant surgeries and instrumentation
Salary: $38,263 to commensurate. For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.uiowa.edu, reference Req #70194. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.