Private Duty LPN / RN
Iowa City, IA
PRIVATE DUTY LPN/RN
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides comprehensive nursing service to individuals and families in the home and community health setting.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing and one year home health experience desirable. Licensure as a registered nurse in Iowa. Car, driver's license and adequate insurance as outlined in the personnel policies. A physical examination is required at the time of employment. Annual TB testing is required. All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General's Excluded Provider List.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EQUIPMENT: Work is performed in clients' homes with the employee driving from location to location during the work period. The locations are throughout Johnson County and within a 50-mile radius of the agency. This area includes Iowa City, small towns and rural areas. The driving requirements include in-town and highway driving in good and inclement weather.
PATIENT CARE & PLANNING
1. Provides comprehensive nursing services to individuals and families in the home or community setting.
2. Maintains knowledge of community resources; utilizes appropriately and coordinates services to meet needs of individuals and families.
3. Promotes optimal independence of clients as feasible while meeting their needs.
4. Performs client visits according to Plan of Treatment or as client needs dictate.
5.Follows Universal Precautions.
PRIMARY NURSE RESPONSIBILITIES (If Applicable)
6. Coordinates care with other agencies or vendors involved in the client's case.
7. Participates in Quality Assurance activities.
8. Attends individual client case conferences as scheduled.
9. Assists with preparation of the Plan of Treatment and summary letter every sixty days.
10. Reviews the client care plan to assure that the information is correct and up to date, nursing interventions are appropriate and updated according to client need on an ongoing basis.
11. Collects documentation weekly from the client's home and forward it to the Nursing Supervisor.
12. Utilizes the Communication Notebook to convey any changes or revisions in orders, etc., to update other field staff.
Call HR at 319-337-9686 x1150 or visit www.vnaic.org for full job description and application.