RN / MDS Coordinator
West Branch, IA
RN / MDS Coordinator
451 West Orange Street
West Branch, IA 52358
See map: Google Maps
Due to an upcoming transfer, Crestview Specialty Care, a 65-bed skilled nursing facility, is now hiring a Registered Nurse to serve as MDS Coordinator. This full-time position includes day shift schedule and offers competitive pay based on years of experience and health insurance benefits! Great opportunity to join a team of professionals with 6-year deficiency free annual surveys. In addition, Crestview Specialty Care has received the 2015 Governor's Award for Quality Care in Health Care Facilities.
The MDS Coordinator is pivotal to ensuring that residents receive appropriate, quality care and that information in quality measures, indicators, and billing is accurate. The MDS Coordinator is responsible for the RAI process which begins with the MDS, which effects all aspects of resident care. Candidates must be detailed oriented, have ability to analyze data to assure appropriate reimbursement, and ability to organize and manage a busy schedule of required assessments assuring timeliness and accuracy to comply with Medicare/Medicaid regulations.
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Interview residents, residents' representatives and others with information related to the minimum data set assessment.
- Collect all data necessary to complete minimum data set forms and related documentation.
- Make appropriate referrals to other health care professionals.
- Participate and/or conduct interdisciplinary meetings.
Crestview Specialty Care is owned and operated by Care Initiatives, Iowa's largest not-for-profit senior care provider with more than 50 locations throughout Iowa. Care Initiatives has taken great pride in expanding the benefits we offer to meet our employees' needs. New benefit package enhancements for 2016 include: Vision insurance, employee referral bonus program for all Care Initiatives locations, and Money Management International (MMI) that offers our employees free financial counseling via phone. In addition, we continue to reward our employees in good standing with a generous anniversary bonus ranging $500 - $2000/year based on years of service and full or part-time status. In 2015, Care Initiatives paid over $2.1 million dollars to our employees as a thank you for their hard work and commitment to Care Initiatives' mission and core values.
Care Initiatives proudly serves over 3,000 Iowans through 44 skilled nursing care locations, eight assisted living locations, three senior housing apartment locations, and six hospice office locations. Our home office is located in West Des Moines, Iowa. We are committed to providing compassionate care for Iowans through all of life's health transitions.
A National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is encouraged. The NCRC program is part of the Skilled Iowa Initiative program through Iowa Workforce Development. Click here to learn more.
To be considered, complete our online employment application.
EOE / AAP Veterans & Disabled
- Current, valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Iowa. License must be in good standing.
- Current, valid CPR certification
- MDS credentialed or willingness to obtain
- Familiarity with Federal and State long-term care regulations and laws preferred
- Familiarity with MDS 3.0/RAI Manual or willingness to obtain certification
- Work experience in long-term care and gerontological nursing preferred
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Basic computer skills
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
Full-time Benefits (30+ hours/week):
* RN & BSN Tuition Assistance and Loan Reimbursement Programs
* Advancement / Transfer Opportunities Statewide
* Health Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Matching Retirement Plan (No Waiting Period To Receive Match)
* Dental & Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependant Care)
* Short & Long-Term Disability
* Accident Insurance
* Critical Illness Insurance
* Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Pay (Vacation Awarded After 6 Months)
* Direct Deposit or Pay Card
* Generous Anniversary Bonus
* Birthday T-Shirt Program
* Cell Phone Services Discount (Verizon)
* Online Training & Professional Development (Relias)
* Discounted Adventureland Tickets